Training >> Browse Articles >> Miscellaneous

Important Message from Chris Cosgriff

Important Message from Chris Cosgriff

Chris Cosgriff | Editor, PoliceLink.com

Back in the end of 2006 I was presented with an opportunity to do something I had already had in the back of my head: Create a useful, fun, and educational online community for law enforcement officers. I was surprised to see how popular PoliceLink became in such a short period of time. Over the past four years I’ve met more tremendous LEOs than I can count and have established friendships that will last forever.

As most of you LEOs know, I am also the founder of the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP), which I have been running as a volunteer for the past 15 years. As 2011 approaches, I have been blessed again by being given the opportunity to focus my efforts 100% on modernizing and improving the ODMP. This Friday, December 3rd, will be my last day working here at PoliceLink.

It was an extremely tough decision to leave something that I have spent every waking hour building over the past four years. On one hand, I am extremely saddened that I will no longer be involved in the operations of PoliceLink, but on the other hand I am extremely excited to be able to continue serving the law enforcement community by leading the ODMP in its mission of remembering all fallen law enforcement officers.

I really wish I could shake each of your hands personally and thank you for supporting PoliceLink, as every one of you reading this has played an important role in PoliceLink’s popularity.

PoliceLink will continue to thrive and improve. Some exciting features are in the works for the first half of 2011 and I can’t wait to be a part of them as a PoliceLink member!

Feel free to send me a PM at anytime, as I will still be checking in daily.

Best regards, and most importantly, BE SAFE!

Chris Cosgriff
Founder, PoliceLink.com

chaplain1

May God bless you for your work and time. Chaplain1

BForJuvCor

Chris,
    Thank you for all you have done and keep doing. You are a tremendous asset to this community and the lives and families you helped memorialize with the ODMP. A salute to you sir and be well.

• Nym50_max50

southpore1

Chris, Thank you for bringing all of these special people together to one site to contribute, socialize, learn, share experiences, giving insights about their special units and form new friendships that will last a lifetime.

• 050_max50

elektra411

MR.COSGRIFF I BELIEVE MANY WILL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY THAT POLICE LINK IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASWELL AS EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES OUT THERE.IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR ONLY SINCE IV JOINED AND I CANT BEGAN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.INFACT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW GREATFUL I AM.I HAVE MET SOME OF THE MOST AMAZING MEN AND WOMEN FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD BOTH L.E.O'S AND CIVILLIANS ALIKE. SOME I HAVE KEPT IN CONTACT WITH FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND SOME HAVE BECOME FRIENDS AND HAVE BEEN HUGE INFLUENCES IN MY LIFE.I REALLY ENJOY BEING ABLE TO PRACTICE FREEDOM OF SPEACH AND GATHERING MANY OPINIONS AND LEARNING ABOUT GROWING THREATS AND ISSUES IN OUR COMMUNITY ASWELL AS WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP.SOMETIMES ITS JUST NICE TO JOKE AROUND AND HAVE FUN SHARE STORIES AND SHARE APART OF EACHOTHERS LIVES.I LEARNED ALOT AND I HOPE TO LEARN MORE AS I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT PL.AND I THANK YOU SUR FOR ALL YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS SITE,YOUR COMMUNITY AND THIS GREAT COUNTRY.BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN ALL YOU DO.OUR FALLEN HEROES WOULD BE EXTREMELY PROUD.THANK YOU.

Chris...thank you for all your hard work and efforts...as it has created a community where LEO's and those within the field..be it spouse supporter dispatcher or enthusiast can gather and share. Be blessed in your new venture as I am sure it will thrive as PL has.

travisjunior

Chris, this site has been my locker room away from the locker room. Thanks for providing a forum to knock around ideas, make new friends and blow off steam. Best of luck to you!

• 100_7432_max50

petecoolcattt

Thanks for all your efforts Chris,
    You are indeed, Sir, a Legend....
    Cheers, Go Well and Godbless.
    Petecoolcattt

• 19227-clipart-illustration-of-a-black-and-white-coloring-page-of-a-magical-flying-phoenix-bird_max50

caleigh1989

Thank you so much. Much luck to you and as always be safe!!! God bless, and merry christmas!

• Me_at_toys_r_us_in_time_square_with_tansformer_max50

ToughK9

Good luck

• Dcp_2166_max50

Shotgunblast

All the best on your new endeavors.

• Kts_avatar_max50

ocicat1994

good luck, and happy holidays

• Charger-1edit_max50

cleinweber

Thank you for all you have done.

• Casdc_max50

ShieldOfBlue22

Thank you and best of luck!

• Ship_patch_max50

KB3MMX

God bless and good luck Chris, I'm sure you'll do a excellent job with the ODMP !!
    Thanks again for your work at PL, its a fantastic site !!

• T5_max600_max50