Training >> Browse Articles >> Miscellaneous

The PoliceLink Community Responds

The PoliceLink Community Responds

PoliceLink

To help us honor the fallen and remember the events of September 11th, 2001, We asked PoliceLink members to share their thoughts, prayers and encouragements to the rescue and law enforcement community. We had an overwhelming response and thank each and every person who submitted a response.

Read What PoliceLink Has to Say

I was in a training class on 9/11/01!

We took a break at just before 10:00 local time (9:00 NY time) and one of the deputies working came into our training room and said that the World Trade center had just exploded! We all went to our Lt.s Office because it was right next door and turned on his T.V. I'll never forget that huge plume of smoke rising from the top of that building. At that time, we didn't realize that there was a plane that had hit it. Those reports were coming in, but they were reported as rumors.

Not to long after we went back to our class, our sheriff came in and told us that a second plane had hit the World Trade Center. Thinking it was the same building, we went to see it on T.V., and then realized that both towers had been hit. As confused as we were as to what was going on, I can't even imagine the chaos and confusion that was taking place in NY.

I told my kids last night that every generation has a "where were you when" moment of their lives, and that one was mine.

I salute ALL of the men and women of the NYPD, FDNY, NY Port Authority, Volunteers, and Victims of this horrible day.

***ATTENTION*** ALL TERRORISTS AND THOSE THAT WISH ILL WILL TOWARDS THE UNITED STATES.....DON'T MESS WITH UNCLE SAM, BECAUSE WE'LL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR ASS!!! IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!!!

r_abarientos

I SALUTE those (dead or alive) who did their part in the rescue process. . .YOU ARE ALL HEROES of the 9/11 tragedy. . .

rod abarientos/philippines

swatj10

I was on my day off that day 8 years ago from my Security job at West Towne Mall in Madison, Wi.
    I saw this tragic day unfold and no matter what the conspiracy theologists have to say this was not
    staged this was an act done by a faceless felon coward. I love the USA and yes I cried as many of us did that day however the tears are no more right now at this present time I am PISSED OFF.My health will not allow me to serve in the Military however, I do support our soldiers and Law Enforcement in all they do to keep us safe. So to this end I say to all the Police Fire/EMTs, be safe out there we are all proud of what you do, to our soldiers, We love you stay safe get home quick and last but not least as Pres. Regan said in a speech back in the 80's,
    "ATTENTION TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE YOU CAN RUN BUT, YOU CAN'T HIDE!" GOD BLESS THE USA

• American_first_responder2_max50

trooperman911

Today marks the 8th anniversary of the September 11th tragedy. We all remember where we were that day and the feelings we felt as we saw the horrible events transpire. I recall the outpouring of love, faith, and prayers that occurred throughout the country in the days and weeks afterward. It seemed that in our darkest moment as a country, we stood together as never before and jointly lifted our prayers, asking God for His divine comfort and help.

Unfortunately, human nature sets in over time and most of us, at least those not directly affected by the events on 9/11, get back to our normal lives. We pray a little less, we rely on ourselves more and more, and we neglect to love others well with each passing day. I encourage you to spend a few minutes thinking about how this is true in your life, and identify what actions you should take to change the trend.

There are thousands of people, however, who have not gotten back to “normal” life pre-9/11. Nor will they ever. These people lost a mom, a dad, their spouse, a friend, a son or daughter, an employee, a beloved church member.

Today, as the Body of Christ, let’s call to God on behalf of those who endured loss and must bear the pain of 9/11. Let’s pray as Paul prayed for the church at Ephesus:

“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:16-19 (NIV)

• M_509f32c0f0f38dc5d9066ae6c7b3c29e_max50

bengilkey

I am out of law enforcement at the present time due to being struck by a drunk driver in the line of duty, But I remember 9-11 like it was yesterday. I still think of all the victims and theior families, and it still pisses me off when I think about the terrorists abroad who have no other ambition in their entire lives other than to hurt the people who dont even give them any thought. I think for some, all the flag waving and "patriotiosm" was nothing more than a fad, or a dramatic uproar. But to others, We refise to forget. We are living in a post 9-11 era where people are too soft, and they have forgotten how it felt to see innocent Americans attacked. We are too relaxed, and our president has even resorted to tearing down our CIA among other things. IF anyone was ever really tortured, It was said to have saved lives, But what American man or woman would honestly say that if that intense interogation would have saved their childrens lives"Dont torture them"? Not only would I say torture them to save my babies or my lovedones, but tear the monsters guts out, I Dont Care!! These terrorists are now given the same rights as American citizens, the same freedoms that our trrops are fighting for over seas, while being killed by these same people. Obama can say what he wants, but He doesnt know who we are as a country. Because we are a little cocky, and we are proud, and yes even a little arrogant. We didnt get here by appeasing to everyone and bowing down. Now he has severily crppled the one organization that is designed to intercept information about attacks that could hurt us, just to attack republicans. Hello??? They are the CIA. Thats what they do. They have done things in every war that werent exactly legal. They are not police officers like us bound by miranda and all of that. Why are these people enjoying the freedoms they fight so hard against???

• American_first_responder2_max50

trooperman911

I was employed with the State of Arkansas at the time, and was attending the Firearms Instructor Recertification course at our Academy when an instructor came into the training room and told all of us that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers in NYC; we turned on the television, and it was after the second plane crashed into the second tower that we all became petrified at what we were seening, and our emotions changed to what a terrible accident, to that of America is under attack. In my thoughts, immediatately, I began to ask God for help, and why God is this happening to my homeland like this was occurring? All day, even on the firing range when airplane crop dusters flew over us, we were looking up and wondering if we were going to be next on the list of targets? Needless to say, that our day and the days ahead after Twin Towers, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon, I sat glued to the television in amaze and bewilderment! I was so stunned at what has happened on American soil, and I found myself asking God more questions and praying more for our nation than I ever had in my entire life. Today, I desire to leave the answer to a question for the families of those that lost their loved ones on that disastrous day, and for the victims and friends and brothers and sisters of their agencies. God bless American and each of you! Michael Powell.

Question: "Where was God on September 11?"

Answer: On September 11, 2001, God was exactly where He always is – in Heaven in total control of everything that happens in the universe. Why, then, would a good and loving God allow such a tragedy to happen? This is a more difficult question to answer. First, we must remember, “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:9). It is impossible for finite human beings to understand the ways of an infinite God (Romans 11:33-35). Second, we must realize that God is not responsible for the wicked acts of evil men. The Bible tells us that humanity is desperately wicked and sinful (Romans 3:10-18, 23). God allows human beings to commit sin for His own reasons and to fulfill His own purposes. Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought.

God looks at things from an eternal perspective. We look at things from an earthly perspective. Why did God put man on earth, knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and therefore bring evil, death, and suffering on all mankind? Why didn’t He just create us all and leave us in Heaven where we would be perfect and without suffering? It must be remembered that the purpose for all creation and all creatures is to glorify God. God is glorified when His nature and attributes are on display. If there were no sin, God would have no opportunity to display His justice and wrath as He punishes sin. Nor would He have the opportunity to show His grace, His mercy, and His love to undeserving creatures. The ultimate display of God’s grace was at the Cross where Jesus died for our sins. Here was unselfishness and obedience displayed in His Son who knew no sin but was “made sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). This was all to the “praise of His glory” (Ephesians 1:14).

When thinking of September 11, we tend to forget the thousands of miracles that occurred on that day. Hundreds of people were able to flee the buildings just in the nick of time. A small handful of firemen and one civilian survived in a tiny space in a stairwell as the one of the towers collapsed around them. The passengers on Flight 93 defeating the terrorists was a miracle in and of itself. Yes, September 11 was a terrible day. Sin reared its ugly head and caused great devastation. However, God is still in control. His sovereignty is never to be doubted. Could God have prevented what happened on September 11? Of course He could, but He chose to allow the events to unfold exactly as they did. He prevented that day from being as bad as it could have been. Since September 11, how many lives have been changed for the better? How many people have placed their faith in Christ for salvation as a result of what happened? The words of Romans 8:28 should always be in our minds when we think of 9-11, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, and are called according to His purpose.”

I woke up wide awake after working a long night shift and turned on the TV just in time to see the 2nd plane strike the WTC. I called my chief who in turn had everyone suit up and come in to do what we could our small piece of the National "wall" (like a dam, the smallest missing part can endanger the whole). Like you, I longed to "run to the battle" (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL7cL_p5_84) at Ground Zero. NEVER FORGET and stay the course!
    Police Detective M.C. Williams
    Colorado

south43

I was a Detention Officer with the Mecklenburg County Sheriffs Office in Charlotte, NC but my family all lived in NYC. I also worked with others who had family in NYC and we all encourged each other while we tried to contact our loved ones. My brother in fact had a appointment that morning at one of the towers but woke up late. He was truly blessed that day. When I visited the site later that year I was not prepared to see or feel the emptiness that was once a grand site and will be again. May God almighty bless the families of those brave souls that were lost on that tragic day.

BKCT7

I live in Darien, CT which is a suburb of NYC. From our beaches you can see the city and saw for many days the smoke rising from ground zero. My Father in law had passed away the friday before 9/11 and on 9/11 we were at the funeral home when the attacks began. I believe I was aware of the first hit on the towers as we enterred the church. During the service I heard many sirens which, as it turned out, were unrelated to the attacks but seem to fore tell what was going on. After we got in to the limo to drive to the cemetary the funeral director told us about the attacks. Of course I didn't believe him and had to see it for myself. Of course, after seeing it I had the urge to go get my kids who were in school and get everyone home.
    I hope this country will never forget what has happened! I can see that with the past election some people are starting to forget or pretending that we are safe again. I thank God for President Bush and VP. Cheney. They did protect us but just didn't pay enough attention to the economy that, face it, hurts all of us too. I hope that we stay lucky during this time with Obama in office and that the military and law enforcement continue their great job and protects us. I am retired from the Force after 20 years but still will always be a cop. Take care. Bryan

• Ks4861_max50

mslori

Time has not healed this wound! GOD BLESS those who were lost and the family and friends left to carry on. PLEASE remember that we are still at risk...UNITED WE STAND!!!

• M_b8319cdf34cb41b196595a8473d843f9_max50

davila_shirley

The Peace of God which passes all understanding, guard the families who lost a loved one on 9'11. May the love of God be your confort at all times, may he confort your souls through his word and his beautiful presence.

NEVER, EVER FORGET THAT DAY... PLEASE.

It was just about 9:30 AM EST that my TV woke me up.
    I had the alarm set for 9:30 AM everyday, on NY1 News…

My wife asked, still have asleep, what kind of sick movie was that now. Then, I really woke up completely, and told her it was not a movie, but the news. I couldn’t really understand anything, so I rush to my leaving room window… I used to live in Park Slope, right on the path of the N and R Subway Line. From my windows you could see the Twin Towers clearly… I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the smoke coming off the towers.
    Then, I realized that there were just too many people in the street below me. People were coming out of the Union Street Station by the 100’s…

I immediately realized that was supposed to be a Rapid Mobilization. I grab the phone and tried to call my command… No way. I grab the cell phone and tried again… No way. I told my wife: “I got to get to Station House NOW. I don’t know what this is, but whatever it is, it is for real”.

Traffic was a nightmare, but using the PCT Parking Plate I got thru all check points fast. I still remember that there was no place at all to park at the precinct. The guys at the barricade around the PCT let me in and told me to leave my truck anywhere… I rushed up to the 4th Floor Locker room and found the Coordinator on the phone trying to alert everyone on the Rapid Mobilization… I put on the uniform, grabbed a radio and the keys to a Patrol Car…

From that moment on, I was on duty for about 12 hrs a day...
    Some of the duties that followed will stay in my memory for as long as I live.
    May God bless the souls of my brothers in the NYPD and FDNY as well as the souls of every victim of this horrific attack on America.

NO, I WILL NEVER FORGET.

On this day, as we honour and remember our fellow sheepdogs lost in the line of duty in the Twin Towers, at the Pentagon, and on Flight 93, I challenge us to RISE to the occassion and be what God has called us to be and do (Ezekiel 22:30 "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.") to serve and protect our nation. Many outside the profession have forgotten what this day means. I will never forget our brothers and sisters who "gave all" that day. Pray for their families, pray for our country, pray for our profession and its leaders. Never forget -- and be better for it.
    Police Detective M.C. Williams
    Chaplain, The Centurion Law Enforcement Fellowship(www.TheCenturionLawEnforcementMinistry.org).

• One_ass_to_risk_max50

erikshirley

I will never forget that day. I was asleep in the bunk room of the fire department I was working as an EMT and was woken up by a young fireman saying that there was a fire in one of the buildings in New York City. I told him to cut the TV on in the bunk room, so I could see what he was talking about. The TV was not on 2 minutes before the second plane crashed into the other tower. I told that young fireman that was no accident and we sat there, our faces glued to the TV watching and waiting.
    They started this fight and we will finish it! May God bless us all and the families that have lost loved ones on the day 8 years ago and since then to defend our nation.

• Mustang1_max50

mustang68

How can anyone forget ? God bless all America and protect her from Evil Minds.
    Let us pray for the fallen and never ever.....ever...forget.
    Maltese National.

10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
bdclass submitted the article: "PGA (Tour)!!@ The Barclays 2014 Live Stream Ridgewood", 1 minute ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
bdclass submitted the article: "PGA Tour@@Watch The Barclays 2014 Live Streaming", 13 minutes ago.
latmilli45 posted in: "Introduction", 13 minutes ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
bdclass submitted the article: "Yahoo tv@@ Watch The Barclays 2014 Live Streaming Golf Tour", 16 minutes ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
bdclass submitted the article: "((Full HD))#@The Barclays 2014 Live PGA Tour Streaming On...", 16 minutes ago.