General Forums >> The Lobby >> Best Looking State Police Uniforms?

Rate

Best Looking State Police Uniforms?

5,928 Views
90 Replies Flag as inappropriate
03-11-08_0830_max50

296 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

NMPoliceMemorial said:

I think New Mexico State Police have some nice looking uniforms all black with grey striping.

it is a verry intimadating uniform i give you that but.. one of my academy members stated that it looks like the natzy german SS uniform.. i didnt believe him until i saw one i have to agree with him... but it is a good looking uniform but it is made of wool to hot for me.


GOD MADE COPS SO FIREFIGHTERS WOULD HAVE HEROS!
allways start every conversation with a Compliment!

Photo_user_blank_big

1 post

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Virginia absolutely has the best looking uniform. It was with the Stetson "cowboy" hat and still is with the campaign hat. They also have the best looking cars! The best weapons (.357 Sig). The best helicopters. THE BEST EVERYTHING!

100_0015_max50

238 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Ive been all the country, and I gotta say from a state standpoint, North Carolina Highway Patrol uni's are the best. When they get outta the car with the smokey bear on they look intimidating. Even small, petite female troopers look like they are equipped with a serious can of whoop-ass. Plain, light gray shirt with dk gray pants and every piece of leather shines like a mirror.

Photo_user_blank_big

24 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Not my department, but these guys are squared away !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

Small_patch_max50

12 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

JR909 said:

Not my department, but these guys are squared away !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

Sharp lookin' bunch, kinda brings back memories of Army basic training. 'No brass, no ammo, Drill Sgt!'

Kris_max50

28 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Let see...

The NY State Police look okay, but I can't get past the purple or the fact they don't wear a badge. NJ Troopers look bad ass (gestapo-like), and CT State Police look great with grey blue and gold. I also think the NC Highway Patrol and the FL Highway patrol look great....but my overall best uniform vote goes to the NH State Police. The green and gold looks excellent and the badge is awesome! Fits the state well and still looks bad ass...

So NH State Police all the way.

Follow the link to take a look at a trooper and his k9 in uniform:
http://www.gsrne.org/images/WorkingDogPics/Bullet.jpg

P1010285_max50

21 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Your going to say I am partial, but the North Carolina State Highway Patrol stands alone!

8360_max50

4 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Alabama State Troopers!!

Pic26_max50

321 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

sttemple said:

Let see...

The NY State Police look okay, but I can't get past the purple or the fact they don't wear a badge. NJ Troopers look bad ass (gestapo-like), and CT State Police look great with grey blue and gold. I also think the NC Highway Patrol and the FL Highway patrol look great....but my overall best uniform vote goes to the NH State Police. The green and gold looks excellent and the badge is awesome! Fits the state well and still looks bad ass...

So NH State Police all the way.

Follow the link to take a look at a trooper and his k9 in uniform:
http://www.gsrne.org/images/WorkingDogPics/Bullet.jpg

The NYSP wear purple because the Roman Praetorian Guard wore purple sashes. Our shield is also shaped like a Roman Battle shield. And the reason we don't wear our shields on our uniforms is because..."Way back when" the SP was first formed, in 1917, the Troopers rode horses on patrol. Cars weren't that popular yet. The shields would be torn off the uniforms when riding through the brush. Thats why we carry our shield in our wallets. Your history lesson is done for this fine Saturday. LOL


"There is no hunting like the hunting of man.
And those who have hunted armed men long enough,
and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
E. Hemingway

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

i'm biased but i love the ceremonial uniforms that the Pa State police have. Complete with the dark campaign hats, crisp white gloves, high shine black boots

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Slicktop87 said:


sttemple said:


Let see...

The NY State Police look okay, but I can't get past the purple or the fact they don't wear a badge. NJ Troopers look bad ass (gestapo-like), and CT State Police look great with grey blue and gold. I also think the NC Highway Patrol and the FL Highway patrol look great....but my overall best uniform vote goes to the NH State Police. The green and gold looks excellent and the badge is awesome! Fits the state well and still looks bad ass...

So NH State Police all the way.

Follow the link to take a look at a trooper and his k9 in uniform:
http://www.gsrne.org/images/WorkingDogPics/Bullet.jpg


The NYSP wear purple because the Roman Praetorian Guard wore purple sashes. Our shield is also shaped like a Roman Battle shield. And the reason we don't wear our shields on our uniforms is because..."Way back when" the SP was first formed, in 1917, the Troopers rode horses on patrol. Cars weren't that popular yet. The shields would be torn off the uniforms when riding through the brush. Thats why we carry our shield in our wallets. Your history lesson is done for this fine Saturday. LOL


Slicktop- I appreciate the history lesson! I'm actually registered to take the NYSP written test in January... any tips?

Pic26_max50

321 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

sttemple said:


Slicktop87 said:



sttemple said:


Let see...

The NY State Police look okay, but I can't get past the purple or the fact they don't wear a badge. NJ Troopers look bad ass (gestapo-like), and CT State Police look great with grey blue and gold. I also think the NC Highway Patrol and the FL Highway patrol look great....but my overall best uniform vote goes to the NH State Police. The green and gold looks excellent and the badge is awesome! Fits the state well and still looks bad ass...

So NH State Police all the way.

Follow the link to take a look at a trooper and his k9 in uniform:
http://www.gsrne.org/images/WorkingDogPics/Bullet.jpg


The NYSP wear purple because the Roman Praetorian Guard wore purple sashes. Our shield is also shaped like a Roman Battle shield. And the reason we don't wear our shields on our uniforms is because..."Way back when" the SP was first formed, in 1917, the Troopers rode horses on patrol. Cars weren't that popular yet. The shields would be torn off the uniforms when riding through the brush. Thats why we carry our shield in our wallets. Your history lesson is done for this fine Saturday. LOL



Slicktop- I appreciate the history lesson! I'm actually registered to take the NYSP written test in January... any tips?


The test, at least from my point of view, was common sense. I took it twice before I was called to Albany for the physical and psych tests. When I took the test there was a big affirmative action push. The first time I got a 96 and wasn't even called. A year later I took it again and got a 98. The test has been changed a couple of times since then also. The test is four hours long...use all the time, don't rush it. And don't get discouraged if you don't do good the first time. Where are you taking the test?

2nd history lesson for the day - The uniform gets its "neutral" grey color from the equal amounts of white (good) and black (evil) threads.


"There is no hunting like the hunting of man.
And those who have hunted armed men long enough,
and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
E. Hemingway

Tenn128_max50

5 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Tennessee State Troopers have a nice uniform. They all look like Marine Drill Instructors!

Weight-watchers-commercial_max50

395 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

JR909 said:

Not my department, but these guys are squared away !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5liO4zFVuI

I like the cadence, I like the look of training to, But I am from VA so VSP would be one, I like NYSP uniforms to even with the purple, so they are second and CT would be third


Keep the change I don't want it. False hope and lose change.

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Slicktop87 said:


sttemple said:



Slicktop87 said:



sttemple said:


Let see...

The NY State Police look okay, but I can't get past the purple or the fact they don't wear a badge. NJ Troopers look bad ass (gestapo-like), and CT State Police look great with grey blue and gold. I also think the NC Highway Patrol and the FL Highway patrol look great....but my overall best uniform vote goes to the NH State Police. The green and gold looks excellent and the badge is awesome! Fits the state well and still looks bad ass...

So NH State Police all the way.

Follow the link to take a look at a trooper and his k9 in uniform:
http://www.gsrne.org/images/WorkingDogPics/Bullet.jpg


The NYSP wear purple because the Roman Praetorian Guard wore purple sashes. Our shield is also shaped like a Roman Battle shield. And the reason we don't wear our shields on our uniforms is because..."Way back when" the SP was first formed, in 1917, the Troopers rode horses on patrol. Cars weren't that popular yet. The shields would be torn off the uniforms when riding through the brush. Thats why we carry our shield in our wallets. Your history lesson is done for this fine Saturday. LOL



Slicktop- I appreciate the history lesson! I'm actually registered to take the NYSP written test in January... any tips?



The test, at least from my point of view, was common sense. I took it twice before I was called to Albany for the physical and psych tests. When I took the test there was a big affirmative action push. The first time I got a 96 and wasn't even called. A year later I took it again and got a 98. The test has been changed a couple of times since then also. The test is four hours long...use all the time, don't rush it. And don't get discouraged if you don't do good the first time. Where are you taking the test?

2nd history lesson for the day - The uniform gets its "neutral" grey color from the equal amounts of white (good) and black (evil) threads.


I'm taking the test at Arlington High School in Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County). I've taken other exams and done extremely well, hopefully this one will be no different.

Do you have any idea how many troopers they're looking to hire? I know over 26,000 registered for the exam...those seem like some pretty stiff odds. I know I can do it, I just hope I get the chance.

The more I learn about the uniform, the better it looks. The history and tradition make it all the more professional (even intimidating). Your patrol cars are awesome (by the way)...

Pic26_max50

321 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Depends how many spots open up through retirement and resignations. It also depends on the budget how many are hired to replace the retired and resignations. The list is good for 4 yrs. The first time I took the test I believe was in the 4,000's. I was 32 on the list when they were going to give the test again. They weren't having another academy class before they gave the test. I could have tried to stick it out with the 96. But everyone that got a higher grade would have jumped in front of me on the list so I took it again and scored better. The second test I was 1856 on the list. A number I'll never forget...LOL


"There is no hunting like the hunting of man.
And those who have hunted armed men long enough,
and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
E. Hemingway

Federal_agents_local__121_max50

10 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

New York State Police "The Purple Tie Mafia"

Pic26_max50

321 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

fedcop83 said:

New York State Police "The Purple Tie Mafia"

Yeah, something like that!?


"There is no hunting like the hunting of man.
And those who have hunted armed men long enough,
and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
E. Hemingway

Th_detective_max50

5076 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Mine, cause it is hanging in the closet......retired 6 months ago, so not more dirt, stains, blood, etc to spoil its' pristine appearance.


"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."
Steve Jobs

Retleo (MODERATOR #8)
Mentoring Team Member

Car_for_sale_max50

37 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Louisiana State Police, blue with gold trim and the gold-tone map-shaped badge is pretty cool.

Photo_user_banned_big

254 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Coptional said:

Louisiana State Police, blue with gold trim and the gold-tone map-shaped badge is pretty cool.

I have to agree. I like the Louisiana State Police uniform. However, if you are looking for old school uniforms, I would say the Rhode Island State Police.

Car_for_sale_max50

37 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

daniel34 said:


Coptional said:


Louisiana State Police, blue with gold trim and the gold-tone map-shaped badge is pretty cool.


I have to agree. I like the Louisiana State Police uniform. However, if you are looking for old school uniforms, I would say the Rhode Island State Police.


You got me there. Just...wow!

http://www.risp.ri.gov/img/gallery/RoadTrpUniform.jpg

383535_10150788246064508_2083522327_n_max50

107 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

MICHIGAN STATE POLICE... besides you have to love the red light with the hood markings

Sox_game_pic_me_and_nick_max50

4 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

penny1997 said:

massachusetts state troopers always look their best!

I agree mass troopers are bye far the best dreesed, if u haven't seen them watch the movie "Departed" wich i must say is one of the best movies i have ever seen. Maybe it's be couse im from boston? And if my dream comes true i hope and pray some day to become a mass state trooper!!!!

Federal_agents_local__121_max50

10 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

It's an inside joke slicktop, guess I just know too many NY troopers.

Willie_g_skull_max160_max50

34 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Y'all forgot about GSP Ga State Patrol have really cool uniforms Photobucket

Jcmc_max50

3 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

New Jersey State Police and the California Highway Patrol

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

As a fed who has traveled the country extensively, I've gotta give it to the Virginia State Police, hands down!

They wear blue and grey to symbolize Virginia's role in the American Civil War. (Virginia hasn't gotten over it yet.) And their cars are blue and grey also.

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

GSP looks good too. You gotta give it up for the South!