General Forums >> The Lobby >> income boost

Rate

income boost

459 Views
23 Replies Flag as inappropriate
Pd_patch_max50

306 posts

back to top

Posted about 7 years ago

 

Ok here is the question for everyone. What do you do to add to your police income to make it? what type of second jobs does everyone have?

Police-19_max50

1827 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

Extra jobs I work at a church making 115.00 for 3 hours of work on sundays and I work concerts doing traffic at the pavillion along with working at a hotel. The hotel pays 25 to 45 an hour and the pavillion is 25 an hour


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Clarke_photo_max50

193 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

I work security at the local hospital. I get paid 14.35 an hour and 15% more on weekends and time and a half for working holidays. Supposedly the State of Georgia is going to raise our pay by 7k a year since they found that 54% of our officers are leaving for other agencies because they get paid more. But, of course, they don't know when that will go into effect.

Photo_user_banned_big

1386 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

The real question SHOULD BE: Why do LEO's HAVE to work second jobs?

Mirror_in_unifrm_max50

407 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

DetSgtDarryl said:

The real question SHOULD BE: Why do LEO's HAVE to work second jobs?

I second that

Dsc00059_max50

54 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

As a School Resource Officer, I have ample opportunity to work off duty details at the school (Football, dances, other events) but for some satisfaction and more money than my overtime or off-duty rate, I teach driver's education for 2 1/2 hours a day four days a week. Equals to over $300.00 a week and it adds to my state retirement. I wish I did not have to do it all the time, but good money is hard to turn down.

It also makes for some positive interaction with my students and makes my job easier as a whole.


What is your major malfunction , numb nuts...

Docolduniform_max50

480 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

onegoodcop said:


DetSgtDarryl said:


The real question SHOULD BE: Why do LEO's HAVE to work second jobs?


I second that


I add my hand for a 3rd on that


Don't forget... the toes you step on today might be attached to the ass you'll be kissing tomorrow!

Water_lilies_max50

139 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

Go to college and get a degree or go into the military. That's the only thing I can suggest.

Trex_comp_max50

1365 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

I just work massive amounts of OT :P its about 38 an hour at that point...


"Indecision may or may not be my problem." ~ Jimmy Buffett

Img_1129_max50

117 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

dieselcop said:

Go to college and get a degree or go into the military. That's the only thing I can suggest.

Diesal what are meaning here bro? Some of us have done both. Are you meaning get a degree in something non LE specific? If so, that would be a post for me to put under the "If you weren't in LE what would you be doing?"

Sports Medicine and working for a pro sports team.

K9_bo_max50

90 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

We call it Special Duty out here @ 30.00 an hour for Security and traffic related details

Small_100_badge_max50

5 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

TBH, I'm doing fine at $32 an hour on regular time. That's after being a State Trooper for 10 years and I still haven't gone up in rank - I like working with the public rather than making rank and getting stuck in the barracks. I'd rather be a RoadDog. But I'm surprised that there are so many LEO's that need to take additional work in order to make things work. I mean I realize that there are so many Departments and Agencies that just don't pay well, I just don't understand why. We all pretty much do the same job and put our lives on the line each and every day.

Pd_patch_max50

306 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

DJZiggy said:

TBH, I'm doing fine at $32 an hour on regular time. That's after being a State Trooper for 10 years and I still haven't gone up in rank - I like working with the public rather than making rank and getting stuck in the barracks. I'd rather be a RoadDog. But I'm surprised that there are so many LEO's that need to take additional work in order to make things work. I mean I realize that there are so many Departments and Agencies that just don't pay well, I just don't understand why. We all pretty much do the same job and put our lives on the line each and every day.

ok so go to work for one of our local agencies and make 14.00hr see if you need a second job then...

N544910745_89779_2269_max50

20 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

DetSgtDarryl said:

The real question SHOULD BE: Why do LEO's HAVE to work second jobs?

I agree with that...I mean...football players that can run around holding pig skin and get smashed by another 300lb train get paid millions...I dont get it

Mercersburg_max50

468 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

TejasTRex said:

I just work massive amounts of OT :P its about 38 an hour at that point...

Have to agree here. Plus if you can pick up a detail or soething that always helps.

Auguste_gusteau_max50

496 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

We have plenty of OT available here in LV, actually have a detail on the department that coordinates all off-duty OT with the department.


"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway"
John Wayne 1907-1979

250px-nuremberg_chronicles_-_merlin__28cxxxviiir_29_max50

183 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

32 an hour :( must be nice.. Ive been on the job 15 years, 11 at my current department, am a sergeant in a town of 30,000 and only make 16 an hour. On the averge for our state I'm about 6,000 to 8,000 behind me counterparts. But we do get partial insurance. No long or short disability though. Come out of out pockets and the first 2,000 for medical.

250px-nuremberg_chronicles_-_merlin__28cxxxviiir_29_max50

183 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

Being a single parant also limits the secondary jobs as well, other wise the pay just goes to pay the babysitter.

250px-nuremberg_chronicles_-_merlin__28cxxxviiir_29_max50

183 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

If anybody has a ear to the White House, how about doing away with all income tax to LEO's. That would give everybody in small or large departments across the nation a nice boost......Opinions ?

N544910745_89779_2269_max50

20 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

merlin said:

If anybody has a ear to the White House, how about doing away with all income tax to LEO's. That would give everybody in small or large departments across the nation a nice boost......Opinions ?

sounds good...better act fast never get that if hillary gets into office :P

250px-nuremberg_chronicles_-_merlin__28cxxxviiir_29_max50

183 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

TaeKev1 said:


merlin said:


If anybody has a ear to the White House, how about doing away with all income tax to LEO's. That would give everybody in small or large departments across the nation a nice boost......Opinions ?


sounds good...better act fast never get that if hillary gets into office :P


Ive already got a taste of that, new female mayor.. who do you think cut the benifits and raised the rest. Also hiring freeze above our standard compliment. Which also includes the fact the World Equestian Games in 2010 are going to be 12 miles down the road. I just hope we dont burn down. Oh wait they did hire 20 new firemen and bought 2 new trucks...MMMMMMM

Images_max50

820 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

DetSgtDarryl said:

The real question SHOULD BE: Why do LEO's HAVE to work second jobs?

The answer to this question is LEO's shouldn't have to work second jobs. But the legislature or "powers that be" in whatever area, while wanting to be tough on crime, don't want to hand over the money to pay their LEOs to keep them safe. No law enforcement makes enough to compensate for the job they do!!

Dscn0753_max50

72 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted about 7 years ago

 

We call em pay jobs? Thats about it.