General Forums >> Gear and Equipment >> Pink Handcuffs......WTF?????

+1

Pink Handcuffs......WTF?????

6,745 Views
101 Replies Flag as inappropriate
Call_lsp_max50

172 posts

back to top

Posted over 6 years ago

 

I saw something today that made my skin crawl. I was aware that pink handcuffs could be ordered from Gall's and other police supply stores. My fiancee thought they would be a great gag gift, an item to keep personal and definitely away from PROFESSIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT. Even for female officers, why would you disrespect the uniform by brandishing pink cuffs. We are not three year olds playing cops and robbers. I just don't see it, my agency prides itself of appearances. Can you imagine, before going to bed....taking out a fresh uniform from the dry cleaners, unwraping the plastic bag, throwing a fresh coat of polish on the already shining boots, a swipe of polish on the brass and buttons, gotta buff the buckle on the rig belt, and then placing a neon pink handcuff in the open handcuff pouch. Thats equal to placing a big neon pink bullseye on your back saying, here.....shoot me here......!!!!!! A black/brown/blue uniform, black rig, black boots, and neon handcuffs. Thats rediculous. To add disrespect to this great profession of law enforcement, I saw an officer today that made me hang my head in disgust. This officer, who works for a very small town police department within the area I am assigned, is the only officer on duty at a time. He, who is openly gay and quite excited about being a homosexual, has added one of these pink handcuffs to his rig belt. Now, I'm not knocking homosexuals, and I'm not bashing thier involvement in police work.....dont ask, dont tell. But, I know this kid and he is in fact gay. He is in fact working alone in a small, rural, country town that has little .... uhhh..... understanding for that type of lifestyle. He is very young and still very immature to hold a position with so much responsibility. But to add pink handcuffs to your rig???? He is just screaming, "kick my ass." Am I wrong here, does pink handcuffs really have a place in a professional organization and I"m just closed minded?? Any thoughts?? My sanity is in question here??

-91 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Very disturbing...

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

I agree 100%. There is no place for crap like that. I think the chief needs to get some balls and put a stop to that immediately.

Polar-bear-wave_1533538i_max50

4077 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

wow, didn't know such a thing existed. its a$$inine. even most security guards would think twice @ that....


YaYa SweetAsAVelociraptor
YaYa Sisterhood! Catz rule, dawgs drool!

Star_max160_max160_max50

5841 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

GTS197 said:

Very disturbing...

VERY....................might makke a good target....one hot load or spent round to their AR$$ would make 'em leave the pinkies at home/


It is what it is.............and.........these things too shall pass.

Large_security_enforcement_officer_badge_max50

2570 posts

back to top
+1

Rated +1 | Posted over 6 years ago

 

What about a pink firearm? I've seen them for sale and they're the laughing stock of gun shops around here. BUT PEOPLE BUY THEM! If that cops start carrying a pink firearm with the pink cuffs, you need to stop and kick his ass yourself. Is beating somebody for being a dumbass a hate crime? Hmm.


In God we trust...all others we run through NCIC

Large_security_enforcement_officer_badge_max50

2570 posts

back to top
+1

Rated +1 | Posted over 6 years ago

 

pink gun


In God we trust...all others we run through NCIC

Wisconsin_football_max50

1477 posts

back to top
+1

Rated +1 | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Well...I would imagine it will stop when some smart-aleck tries to put them on a cooperative subject who becomes offended and breaks his nose over pink cuffs. Talk about pissing someone off unnecessarily.....when the bracelets go on, its all business......no need to be childish about it. I could see blaze orange, black, blue, etc to separate inmates in the jail by classification, but no need for pink...there are enough other colors to choose from. Someone send them a box of Crayolas so they can start thinking of their next great idea........


"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

"America was not built on fear."

"America was built on courage, imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand. " - President Harry S. Truman

-91 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

SEO said:

What about a pink firearm? I've seen them for sale and they're the laughing stock of gun shops around here. BUT PEOPLE BUY THEM! If that cops start carrying a pink firearm with the pink cuffs, you need to stop and kick his ass yourself. Is beating somebody for being a dumbass a hate crime? Hmm.

Have you forgotten the "Hello Kitty" thread from a few months back?

Bring_it_on_max50

475 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Ha! I know what department you are are talking about. A Lt (not gay) at the P.D. has some as well!!!!!!!

Star_max160_max160_max50

5841 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

KETOLACA said:

Well...I would imagine it will stop when some smart-aleck tries to put them on a cooperative subject who becomes offended and breaks his nose over pink cuffs. Talk about pissing someone off unnecessarily.....when the bracelets go on, its all business......no need to be childish about it. I could see blaze orange, black, blue, etc to separate inmates in the jail by classification, but no need for pink...there are enough other colors to choose from. Someone send them a box of Crayolas so they can start thinking of their next great idea........

Maybe pink does have a place in prison classification.....he he he...lol


It is what it is.............and.........these things too shall pass.

Call_lsp_max50

172 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

jpd536 said:

Ha! I know what department you are are talking about. A Lt (not gay) at the P.D. has some as well!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you would notice this post. I didn't know about the LT. tho.

Jacksonvillecoin2bglow_max50

419 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

I gave my wife a set of the pink ones. 2 reasons: because I could, secondly they won't walk off like my set of nice teflon coated, no-rust hinged cuffs. The measure of an officer is not the color of the cuffs. She has never told me of any suspect caring what color the cuffs were. I doubt any even looked at them. We also dont wear open top cuff cases.


“There are more good men than evil, and while the latter
cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by
propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men
with their rifles.”


.

Dsc01102_max50

411 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Wow people need to relax...its pink cuffs whoop dee do. I see the point that it clashes with the rest of your uniform and looks unprofessional.That is if you wear a cuff case that exposes the cuff, most people I know have closed cuff holders...anywho. But I think there are far worse things that make a officer look unprofessional than colored cuffs. There is a range of colors to pick from too....yellow,orange,red,purple...weird that only pink was brought up and complained about. They arent a novelty item...they are supposed to be used to identify different classifications of your 10-15's or inmates in a corrections setting.

Pink is JUST a color....thats it. I guess that some people think its a feminine color and thus inferior in a male dominated career.I dont know thats all I could come up with. I think its pretty sad that adults would be so up in arms to write a huge paragraph about how disgusting and disturbing a freakin color is.


Im Deputy Natalie J. and I approve this message !!!

Photobucket

Large_security_enforcement_officer_badge_max50

2570 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

NatalieR429 said:

Wow people need to relax...its pink cuffs whoop dee do. I see the point that it clashes with the rest of your uniform and looks unprofessional.That is if you wear a cuff case that exposes the cuff, most people I know have closed cuff holders...anywho. But I think there are far worse things that make a officer look unprofessional than colored cuffs. There is a range of colors to pick from too....yellow,orange,red,purple...weird that only pink was brought up and complained about. They arent a novelty item...they are supposed to be used to identify different classifications of your 10-15's or inmates in a corrections setting.

Pink is JUST a color....thats it. I guess that some people think its a feminine color and thus inferior in a male dominated career.I dont know thats all I could come up with. I think its pretty sad that adults would be so up in arms to write a huge paragraph about how disgusting and disturbing a freakin color is.

Its called boredom. Here's a tidbit of useless knowledge. In France, and some other countries, pink is actually a 'boy's' color and blue is 'girlie'. Regardless of anything, if I see anybody carrying pink handcuffs and a gun, I'm going to walk right up to them and laugh my ass off. Male or female. Its ridiculous and shouldn't be worn on duty. Its hard to take somebody seriously when these items are worn, especially exposed. Any colors but silver and black should be banned except for training.


In God we trust...all others we run through NCIC

Donutcop_max50

882 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

I don't care for them myself, but I know a female deputy who loves them. Something along the lines of "it renders them speechless while she applies them. Can't picture them on my duty belt though. Ain't gonna happen!

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

I don't think you guys have a problem with other officers stealing your things- like cuffs, batons, flashlights- etc, but my Marine friend had a horrible time in iraq being able to keep stupid things like shower shoes, batteries and other things- so he started wearing pink flip flops, bought pink batteries and other things in pink... never had the problem again... I use to get my ears on the ambulance stolen all the time, so I started puttin weird stickers and things to decorate it- never again. Just a suggestion that maybe a few do it so they know which ones are theirs- i'm not a cop- so I don't know how you guys differ your handcuffs.

N1202178746_305955_5462_max50

7594 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, I'd borrow Natalies and ernswat's pink cuffs :)


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

KSP494 said:

personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, I'd borrow Natalies and ernswat's pink cuffs :)

THAT'S A REAL MAN!!! hahaha

N1202178746_305955_5462_max50

7594 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Thankin of you


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Do they have to be furry though??

Photo_user_banned_big

1034 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

Funny thing cause the MCSO deputies in Arizona carry pink cuffs.


Broken By Faith Renewed By Sacrifice
infractus per fides resumo per vitualamen

N1202178746_305955_5462_max50

7594 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

oops wrong ones


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

12180712_max50

15 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

We have a male corrections officer that has a pair of the pink fuzzy ones... he claims he's not gay... whatever... I ain't judging. lol

0 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

KSP494 said:

oops wrong ones

Those ones itch

N1202178746_305955_5462_max50

7594 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

wcwchris said:

We have a male corrections officer that has a pair of the pink fuzzy ones... he claims he's not gay... whatever... I ain't judging. lol

yeah that's a misconception, they're co-ed


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

Photo_user_banned_big

96 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

I agree that they should not be worn in view on our belts, the misconception is that the uniform is a blouse and slacks when it means uniformed in appearance. At our department we are issued all our equipment and it is considered out of uniform to add to or take away from what we are issued without an OK from command, when we line up, we are uniformed in appearance as in all of us match equipment wise.

N1202178746_305955_5462_max50

7594 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

OfficerBrandy said:

I agree that they should not be worn in view on our belts, the misconception is that the uniform is a blouse and slacks when it means uniformed in appearance. At our department we are issued all our equipment and it is considered out of uniform to add to or take away from what we are issued without an OK from command, when we line up, we are uniformed in appearance as in all of us match equipment wise.

Oh I absolutely wouldn't wear the fuzzy ones on my belt absolutely not, they stay in the glove box


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

Cot_max50

3423 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

KSP494 said:


OfficerBrandy said:


I agree that they should not be worn in view on our belts, the misconception is that the uniform is a blouse and slacks when it means uniformed in appearance. At our department we are issued all our equipment and it is considered out of uniform to add to or take away from what we are issued without an OK from command, when we line up, we are uniformed in appearance as in all of us match equipment wise.


Oh I absolutely wouldn't wear the fuzzy ones on my belt absolutely not, they stay in the glove box


they should be on the night stand!


MODERATOR #7

Marvin_martian_max50

3382 posts

back to top
Rate

Rate This | Posted over 6 years ago

 

We now have bright red cuffs for use in detention because the good s&W's kept disappearing. The pink cuffs could be good for jail/institutional use when you need to keep track of the cuffs and not have to replace them due to people walking off with them.


Go out today and preach the gospel, and if you must, use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Next Page >