News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Jersey City cop says he was transferred for writing tickets outside 'connected' deli.

Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

2 months ago

Source: nj.com

May 12, 2014

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

2 months ago

1912 Comments

Bump to Irishcop and I bet there is also an paragraph somewhere in policy that reads something to the effect that all positions are of need and value to the operation of the department, therefore no position or transfer is considered disciplinary. You pick your dragon to slay sometimes you pick the wrong one.

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

2 months ago

Just SMH. I'm sure I will tic some people off here with my responce. Sometime you have to know what battles to fight. I'm not saying this officer is wrong, but it sounds to me like he's looking for a big pay day here. If it's true, you were you were told not to write tickets and you decided to write them anyway, then let the cards fall where they may. Well the last time I heard the Chief is higher on the food chain than a officer. This stuff has been going on long before he came on the job and it will probably go on for another hundred years. Maybe you should have worked out with your PBA, the Chief, and the Lt. Most departments the Chief had the power of assignment. I did not read where the move cost you money, loss of any overtime, change of hours. Bottom line is I hope you go back to your old house, but I don't not think you deserve one dime. What ever happen to the days of sitting down and working things out, now it seem people have lawyers on speed dial. Oh and by the way, I was moved because I was on the board for our PBA. I lost my 10% nite rate. Cost me about 500 hundred a month on my pension. No way would I crawl back and beg to get the 10% back. Not in my DNA, however I am a firm believer in KARMA

NCGirl2009

2 months ago

The top command does not want people ticketed for double parking, what will they say when something bad happens because of the double parking????? It is the deli owners responsibility to provide parking and not in the street where it can cause issues if emergency vehicles can not get thru...This is a safety hazard for not only the people picking up their orders, but also for other people...Why does he not do curb service or a drive up window????

Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 gave a thumbs up to The Photo "IMG_20140522_151359_223", 4 minutes ago.
kimsoohyun submitted the article: "The Legend of Korra Season 3 Episode 9 Online Free", 21 minutes ago.
59038_1207413785639_6311334_n_max30
DM63 posted in: "Community Policing", 33 minutes ago.