News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

She Was Fired For Carrying a Concealed Weapon to Work In Violation of Company Policy — Now She’s Suing

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

5 months ago

Source: THE BLAZE

February 24, 2014

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

5 months ago

I agree with trunks1701

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

5 months ago

My job has the same policy, no weapons on your person while working. Even though I have a CCW permit, I still have to obey the policy for that beloved paycheck.

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

5 months ago

Cases like this is where stupid case law is created. No case here, regardless of what you are legally able to do, if you hire on and in doing so YOU agree to all policies as a condition of employment you either abide by them or go somewhere else where you do like ALL of the policies. Because the "wrong judge" in this case could rule intothis a lot of tthings that aren't really there

• Picture_003_max50

trunks1701

5 months ago

Rights afforded to you by the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights trump company policy any day of the week. I'm sick and tired of being politically correct and worrying that someone might get offended or scared but this is how I feel .The wussification of AMERICA continues and it makes me sick. She had no business being fired end of story... She was properly licensed and was within her rights.

• Hat_collection__2014_002_max50

SE851

5 months ago

I also bump Irishcop.I have been carrying since retirement,as allowed by LB281.I however have to leave it in my vehicle when I enter my place of employment if I wish to keep my job.

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

5 months ago

20314 Comments

Can't stand WF. Great if she wins but she has a huge uphill battle to climb. Bump Irishcop.

• Img_2202_max50

MrsBristol

5 months ago

Not only that guys, The weapon was suppose to be concealed. She brandished that weapon because it was seen. That was not concealed. That's why she was turned in.

• Img_2202_max50

MrsBristol

5 months ago

I understand her reasoning. However, You are at a bank. Just like at the pawn shop their clerks walk around with a weapon all day. Alert other administrators and just because you see it in a book get a clearance. Just don't assume you have the rights to just have your weapon anyplace let alone at a bank. Some people fill threatened by them and maybe the bank feels more threatened with her having it. I'm sure by now they have watched her attitude. I wouldn't lose my job over it. And if its in the book and management don't like it they need to change the language. (my take)

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

5 months ago

Policy is policy.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

5 months ago

Hope she wins!!

100_1750_max30
KCecala posted in: "Introduction", less than a minute ago.
100_1750_max30
KCecala posted in: "New member from Germany", 1 minute ago.
000000000000000aaaaaaaaaa_max30
Mrbdguard gave a thumbs up to The Topic "Your Personal Quote", 22 minutes ago.
Img_20140124_113959_max30
inspirations posted in: "Bands name game", 27 minutes ago.
000000000000000aaaaaaaaaa_max30
Mrbdguard is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 30 minutes ago.