News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

She Was Fired For Carrying a Concealed Weapon to Work In Violation of Company Policy — Now She’s Suing

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

over 1 year ago

Source: THE BLAZE

February 24, 2014

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

over 1 year ago

I agree with trunks1701

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

over 1 year ago

My job has the same policy, no weapons on your person while working. Even though I have a CCW permit, I still have to obey the policy for that beloved paycheck.

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

over 1 year ago

1946 Comments

Cases like this is where stupid case law is created. No case here, regardless of what you are legally able to do, if you hire on and in doing so YOU agree to all policies as a condition of employment you either abide by them or go somewhere else where you do like ALL of the policies. Because the "wrong judge" in this case could rule intothis a lot of tthings that aren't really there

• Picture_003_max50

trunks1701

over 1 year ago

Rights afforded to you by the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights trump company policy any day of the week. I'm sick and tired of being politically correct and worrying that someone might get offended or scared but this is how I feel .The wussification of AMERICA continues and it makes me sick. She had no business being fired end of story... She was properly licensed and was within her rights.

• Harry_husker_go_big_red_max50

SE851

over 1 year ago

I also bump Irishcop.I have been carrying since retirement,as allowed by LB281.I however have to leave it in my vehicle when I enter my place of employment if I wish to keep my job.

• Fake_max50

IowaNinersFan

over 1 year ago

Can't stand WF. Great if she wins but she has a huge uphill battle to climb. Bump Irishcop.

• Photo_user_banned_big

MrsBristol

over 1 year ago

Not only that guys, The weapon was suppose to be concealed. She brandished that weapon because it was seen. That was not concealed. That's why she was turned in.

• Photo_user_banned_big

MrsBristol

over 1 year ago

I understand her reasoning. However, You are at a bank. Just like at the pawn shop their clerks walk around with a weapon all day. Alert other administrators and just because you see it in a book get a clearance. Just don't assume you have the rights to just have your weapon anyplace let alone at a bank. Some people fill threatened by them and maybe the bank feels more threatened with her having it. I'm sure by now they have watched her attitude. I wouldn't lose my job over it. And if its in the book and management don't like it they need to change the language. (my take)

• Img_0933_max50

Irishcop1961

over 1 year ago

Policy is policy.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

over 1 year ago

Hope she wins!!

Kayladever received the quiz result of "80-100% correct", about 1 hour ago.
Derrick20 received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", about 2 hours ago.
Alapai6494 received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", about 2 hours ago.
ReynaldoMiedema commented on: "Reynaldo Miedema", about 2 hours ago.
Bicvs_max30
GarrettPfarr commented on: "Garrett Pfarr", about 2 hours ago.