News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Detroit police chief James Craig says more citizens should be armed

7 months ago

Source: FOX NEWS

January 04, 2014

• Chief_instigator_max50

excop23260

6 months ago

JUST MAKES SENSE !! Most of the street thugs I dealt with were armed; most victims were NOT. Armed legitimate citizens usually are not picked to be victims. Wish Chief Craig was serving in Richmond, VA !

• Thumbnail_max50

Spectre3

6 months ago

This is very refreshing indeed. I do agree with UncleD in regards to the training though.

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

7 months ago

My state put it to a vote of the people years ago. I will admit I voted against concealed carry due to the fact I did not think the training was adaquate. After it was made a law a few years ago I changed my stance and now support. We have had very few crimes committed by permit holders. I would still like to see the training increased.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

7 months ago

Something very refreshing to hear !

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

7 months ago

Bump the Chief...

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

7 months ago

Give this Chief a BIG pay raise. I love to hear when police like and support the idea of citizens who are legally allowed to be armed, encourage them to do so. These Sheriffs and Police who dont support that should get out of the profession and get a job in something besides law enforcement. These cities that don't allow legal carry of firearms in parks, I hope one day that the people who made the ordiances not to allow it, get robbed at gun point then maybe you will change your mind. When you put restrictions on law abiding citizens all your doing is helping the criminals out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hat_collection__2014_002_max50

SE851

7 months ago

Works for me.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

7 months ago

Wow what a concept...armed law abiding citizens.

7 months ago

Guns save lives!

Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "Upper Darby mom beat son for not doing chores", 9 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan submitted the article: "Upper Darby mom beat son for not doing chores", 16 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "3 shots at hospital in Delaware County; 1 in custody", 16 minutes ago.