News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Roseville police officer fired after affair, claims gender discrimination

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

Source: News 10

December 16, 2013

• Thcaf6zgyj_max50

LanaNJ

4 months ago

Nothing more to add, bump all the comments.

• Img_1050_max50

Irishcop1961

4 months ago

I totally agree with IowaNinersFan and snhadley. Sounds to me like a leaky bag of you know what here. I do agree that being on probabtion is different from being a veteran officer. I'm not sure about other departments but where I work you were on probabtion for a year and could be fired at anytime for just about anything. I do not like the discrimination claim against the department. It's getting old, people playing the gender card. In the long run it might have been cheaper for the Roseville PD to keep her.

• Female_bodysurfer_max50

MarlyB

4 months ago

Since when are extramarital affairs in ANY occupation so all-fired rare? And publicly disciplining "Officer Evil Temptress" while "Officer Hapless Rube" slinks out of the spotlight is like something out of a Salem witch trial.

Roseville Police Department - you SHAMELESS THROWBACKS!

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

4 months ago

Not too pretty bright, eh!

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

4 months ago

Probationary Officer, enough said! What's right and what's fair are two different things. I agree with Shadow but it is what it is.

• Purple_rose_max50

lillawangel14

Amen IowaNinersFan.. I'll never make that mistake twice. 0_0

• Patch_max50

SE851

4 months ago

I agree with Shadow,there should definately be equal treatment.She may get her job back ,but rest assured the command structure will ALWAYS be watching them.

• shadow_officer

4 months ago

IF they were both repimanded for the same action. But you only fire one. Then fire the other. If not, then suspend them both and then put them both back to work

• Patch_max50

SE851

4 months ago

Too bad in many ways.It indicates some of this was "on duty"(VERY BAD) not tolerated in any leo organization I know of.The fact of her being termonated because she was still on probation sounds legit.You have to definately walk the line while on probation,you can get fired for just about anything during that period.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

4 months ago

Another is "Don't chit, where you eat"

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Very sad!

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

4 months ago

"Don't find your honey where you make your money" as someone told me before starting my job.

chriswalker123123 commented on: "Would You Pass the Police Exam?", about 3 hours ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest commented on: "Right or Left?", about 3 hours ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest received the quiz result of "Democrat", about 3 hours ago.
chriswalker123123 received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", about 3 hours ago.