News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Rate

Good News in Case of 16-Year-Old Hunter Who Forgot Knife Was in His Pocket at School Football Game

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

11 months ago

Source: THE BLAZE

September 21, 2013

Rate
  • 100_0015_max50

slorydn1

11 months ago

How far we have come....or should I say slid.

I think I carried a pocket knife to school just about everyday from 3rd grade on through college (that would have been the late 70's thru the early 90's) and not only was it acceptable, it was pretty much expected. Heck the keys to my mom's car that I drove my junior year of high school were on a key chain that had one of those mini swiss army knives, so that year I guess I had 2 knives on me.

What a sad nanny state we live in today.

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

11 months ago

Reminds me of an incident that happened to me; I had accidentally brought a pocket knife to school when I was in elementary school. Back-story: I was in cub scouts at the time and out of habit every time I'd put on the scout uniform, I put the knife in my pocket. Well this one time instead of being able to come home, change, and then go to the campout, I put the uniform on and wore it to school so I could go from school to the camp. All day I didn't know until about the last hour and put my hand in my pocket. The teacher saw the "OH S#%^" look on my face and when I told her why (because I'm an honest guy) she told me to leave it in my pocket. Luckily no trouble at all.

Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Toddler in critical condition after backover accident", 1 minute ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Man Arrested After Allegedly Leaving His 3 Kids in Parked...", 4 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "California wait period doesn't apply to gun owners", 6 minutes ago.
Img_20140124_113959_max30
inspirations commented on: "Arnita Bristol", 7 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Man Suspected Of Shooting Deputy In Lynwood Fatally Shot ...", 7 minutes ago.