News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

NC police officer suspended for arresting video-recording bystander

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

8 months ago

11973 articles submitted

Source: WGHP

September 02, 2013

• shadow_officer

8 months ago

alittle steep....i could see 1 or 2 days...but not 30 days.

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

8 months ago

Bump to all the comments. 30 days without pay is very steep! Don't know too many professions that would dish out such punishment (non LE included).

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

8 months ago

This Sgt was wrong for doing this but 30 days without pay, man that is pretty steep! With him being a Sgt. they have other options such as a 3 day without pay suspension and reduction in rank, or a week or maybe as much a two weeks without pay and being allowed to use his vacation days to even a probationary reduction in rank etc. A month without pay is pretty darn tough. Maybe the Deptartment never bothered to tell them it was legal to film and/or photograph Officers. Depending on this Sgt's record I would go as little as a weewithout pay and allow the Sgt to just lose a weeks vacation AND probation for his Sgt rank for 6 months to as much as two weeks unpaid suspension and reduction in rank and that suspension could still be a two week loss of vacation.

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

8 months ago

Just ignore it.

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

8 months ago

If a month off without pay doesn't get your attention I don't know what will. I once got 3 days off without pay for going off during roll call, all I did was raise my voice while giving my opinion abt what I thought was wrong, I never cursed or made any threat of any kind. They also sent me to anger management. Needless to say, that was the 1st and last time I do that.

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

8 months ago

Nosy kid should be minding his own business.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

8 months ago

This kind of action and behavior only fuels the publics distrust of officers!

White_shirt_max30
uncledennis1 posted in: "My qualification.", 3 minutes ago.
Img_1050_max30
Irishcop1961 gave a thumbs down to The Article "Calif. Prison Officials Search For Missing Inmate", 6 minutes ago.
Img_1050_max30
Irishcop1961 gave a thumbs down to The Article "Palmdale Girl, 16, Dies After Suspected DUI Driver Slams ...", 8 minutes ago.