News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

NC police officer suspended for arresting video-recording bystander

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

11 months ago

Source: WGHP

September 02, 2013

• shadow_officer

11 months ago

alittle steep....i could see 1 or 2 days...but not 30 days.

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

11 months ago

20588 Comments

Bump to all the comments. 30 days without pay is very steep! Don't know too many professions that would dish out such punishment (non LE included).

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

11 months ago

This Sgt was wrong for doing this but 30 days without pay, man that is pretty steep! With him being a Sgt. they have other options such as a 3 day without pay suspension and reduction in rank, or a week or maybe as much a two weeks without pay and being allowed to use his vacation days to even a probationary reduction in rank etc. A month without pay is pretty darn tough. Maybe the Deptartment never bothered to tell them it was legal to film and/or photograph Officers. Depending on this Sgt's record I would go as little as a weewithout pay and allow the Sgt to just lose a weeks vacation AND probation for his Sgt rank for 6 months to as much as two weeks unpaid suspension and reduction in rank and that suspension could still be a two week loss of vacation.

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

11 months ago

Just ignore it.

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

11 months ago

If a month off without pay doesn't get your attention I don't know what will. I once got 3 days off without pay for going off during roll call, all I did was raise my voice while giving my opinion abt what I thought was wrong, I never cursed or made any threat of any kind. They also sent me to anger management. Needless to say, that was the 1st and last time I do that.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

11 months ago

Nosy kid should be minding his own business.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

11 months ago

This kind of action and behavior only fuels the publics distrust of officers!

klausFree posted: "watch movies online free 2014", 16 minutes ago.
klausFree posted in: "watch movies online free 2014", 16 minutes ago.
My_new_f150_max30
Schmucky posted in: "What has happened to my Police Link?", 19 minutes ago.
Image_max30
shikahgho posted in: "How do you carry?", 30 minutes ago.