News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Dear Daughter, Let Miley Cyrus be a Lesson to You!

Mardi_gras_cat_max50

DonnaLynn

Source: roadkill goldfish

August 27, 2013

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

8 months ago

Apparently Billy Ray (her dad) has said it's just show business and he's still okay with his daughter.

• 100_1750_max50

KCecala

8 months ago

I think if you have enough talent you don't needs the nasty gimmicks. She is such a pretty girl too. Donnalynn I did tell all my work children that I would have been up on that stage with my belt off. Her parents must have been mortified.

• Mardi_gras_cat_max50

DonnaLynn

8 months ago

Dolly Parton is her godmother. I know she didn't teach her that tongue sticking out devil look.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

8 months ago

Here's her as a normal human being doing a great cover of a Parton classic:

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

8 months ago

P.S. Search for "miley cyrus backyard sessions" on youtube.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

8 months ago

I read this essay earlier this morning and wholeheartedly agree. I still think Ms. Cyrus isn't beyond the point of no return. I've seen a few videos where she's dressed like a normal human being and her raw talent is showing through, sans skimpy outfits, Autotune(tm), etcetera.

SkoolCop: The good dude abides. ;)

• 3124185-templar_max50

MaxVirtus

8 months ago

All responsible parents know it's important to reinforce their children's confidence by teaching them to have a can do attitude and take pride in their accomplishments.....and all kids and teens need to accept responsibility for their behavior, even former Disney stars.

• 25-1-13-a_1__max50

SkoolCop

8 months ago

Before hitting submit, I conducted a spell check and was surprised to see "dad's" needed correcting. I was even more surprised to see that the suggested correction was "dude's." To some of my friends, I may be considered a dude, and that's fine but to my daughters, I am a dad which is synonymous to saying I am a father....... not dude.

• 25-1-13-a_1__max50

SkoolCop

8 months ago

And don't forget the good dad's that are out here trying to do same while protecting the daughter from the howling wolves that are seeking to prey on our daughters.

• Mardi_gras_cat_max50

DonnaLynn

8 months ago

Who'da thunk sk@nk is a word not allowed here... sheesh!

• Mardi_gras_cat_max50

DonnaLynn

8 months ago

Bravo to this mother/blogger! She reminds me of Kristine Cecala, MamaC and so many other mothers I know who fight to have their daughters be ladies, respect themselves and have pride knowing they are upstanding young women. Women who are valued for who they are and not what the perverse world deems they should be.
    The blogger went on to say in a response to some men who got their tighty whities in a knot: it was not her intent to paint all men with a broad brush. We all know there are good and bad; sk@nky women and ladies; gentlemen and cads out there. :)

Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, less than a minute ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, less than a minute ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.