News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Castle Rock apartment tenants told they must get rid of their guns

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

8 months ago

Source: Colorado 9 News.com

August 08, 2013

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

8 months ago

I question the legality of this. I hope those that own firearms file a class action lawsuit. I would love to see Castle Rock pay major bucks. What a crock of crap.

• Wredcedar_max50

Cedardale

8 months ago

The original article said no guns or weapons. Wonder if that included knives, my kitchen knife holder has some pretty wicked knives used for cooking purposes.

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

8 months ago

What better sign for the ner-do-wells, no guns here. Nobody living here has any means of protecting themselves or their property, so just come on in. I wonder if the legal beagles for this complex have given any consideration as to the liability of a tenant that, because of this policy, has become a crime victim? I am only referring to the presents tenants who have had the rules change midstream, not the new ones who sign a lease of their own free will with the new rules. If you get robbed and or assaulted and sue the complex, the complex would not want me on the jury

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

8 months ago

Bump, Jonas.

• Img_3413_sq90_max50

cops1521

8 months ago

There's an update on the news story saying that the Housing Authority who the apartment complex is under said that the policy had not been run through them which they would not have authorized. That rule saying they must get rid of their guns has been thrown out and the tenants who legally own guns can now keep them without fear of being evicted...fortunately a news station picked it up and after reading the comments an attorney office offered to take a tenants case pro bono...I have a feeling if the Housing Authority felt differently than what they are saying seeing the media pick it up and an attorney offering to take it pro bono and the public uproar may have encouraged them to do the right thing.

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

8 months ago

I hope Mr. Dorsch doesn't become homeless because of this. If it were me, the complex would have my 30 day notice...30 days ago!!