News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Rate

Rise of the Warrior Cop, Is it time to reconsider the militarization of American policing?

New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

9 months ago

Source: The Wall Street Journal

July 20, 2013

Rate
  • Caduceus_max50

headbrer

9 months ago

Further thoughts: I would prefer to be called a citizen, not a civilian. I wave at the local cops WITH a vet cap on and rarely get a wave back. What gives? -- Doc

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

9 months ago

A VERY thought provoking article. -- Doc

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

9 months ago

Reminds me of the raid at the beginning of the movie Brazil.

"...the Department of Education's SWAT team bungled a raid on a woman who was initially reported to be under investigation for not paying her student loans..."

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

9 months ago

Very interesting article especially today when more and more people do not differentiate between local state and federal agencies. I have to say that I have found myself thinking like some older and retired LEO's mentioned in the article. I do remember once turning down a grant because I just could not help but think strings somewhere or somehow were attached. This should start an interesting discussion.

3124185-templar_max30
MaxVirtus gave a thumbs down to The Topic "Ofcr. Dennis O. Simmonds, Boston PD, MA; EOW: Thursday, 0...", 2 minutes ago.
3124185-templar_max30
MaxVirtus gave a thumbs down to The Topic "Dep. Mike Severson, Pollk County S/O, WI; EOW: Monday, 04...", 6 minutes ago.
Thumbnail_max30
Spectre3 gave a thumbs up to The Photo "", 7 minutes ago.