News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Rate

Rise of the Warrior Cop, Is it time to reconsider the militarization of American policing?

New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

about 1 year ago

Source: The Wall Street Journal

July 20, 2013

Rate
  • Caduceus_max50

headbrer

about 1 year ago

Further thoughts: I would prefer to be called a citizen, not a civilian. I wave at the local cops WITH a vet cap on and rarely get a wave back. What gives? -- Doc

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

about 1 year ago

A VERY thought provoking article. -- Doc

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

about 1 year ago

Reminds me of the raid at the beginning of the movie Brazil.

"...the Department of Education's SWAT team bungled a raid on a woman who was initially reported to be under investigation for not paying her student loans..."

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

about 1 year ago

1946 Comments

Very interesting article especially today when more and more people do not differentiate between local state and federal agencies. I have to say that I have found myself thinking like some older and retired LEO's mentioned in the article. I do remember once turning down a grant because I just could not help but think strings somewhere or somehow were attached. This should start an interesting discussion.

Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle submitted the article: "Make-a-Wish Hero Saves Weekend with Coast Guard", 15 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle submitted the article: "IG Investigating If 3-star Punished Whistleblower", 17 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle submitted the article: "Former Marine Pleads Not Guilty to Killing Lover", 18 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle submitted the article: "USS Dewey CMC Relieved of Duties", 19 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle submitted the article: "Nurse Who Refused to Force-Feed Detainee Sent Home", 21 minutes ago.