News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Is It Fair That a Florida Mom Received a 20-Year Sentence for Firing ‘Warning Shot’?

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

9 months ago

Source: THE BLAZE

July 16, 2013

• Quickley-b240_max50

bill9823

9 months ago

warning shot or not, once she left the house she was not in any danger. She went out to her car and got the gun then came back in the house. In my opinion that is where she went wrong.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

9 months ago

Florida has its issues! For sure! but so does everywhere, as I hear a loud boom outside my home! I will turn off the light and go to bed as not to put myself in a stand your ground situation! 20 years for warning an abusive husband! Really?

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

9 months ago

In a word YES. A "warning shot" is reckless conduct at a minimum. Warning shots are intended to scare and intimidate and really do nothing to stop a genuine threat. Maybe that is way police agencies nation wide prohibit such action when dealing with a threat. Also here did the round go and where did it stop?

• Image_max50

LanaNJ

9 months ago

• Image_max50

LanaNJ

9 months ago

Before I even waste the next 2 minutes of my life, I tend to wonder. Blaze goes into damage control, or a retort to a plethora of cultures that assert the FL justice system may need some tweeking?. i.e. Casey Anthony/Zimmy.

I'm going to guess the latter as I want to get the image of the aBlazers as canines chasing their tails in an attempt to figure out how to comment.

Clip of Bugs Bunny with an anecdote, POOR SOUTH AMERICA. :( http://youtu.be/xiTM2HQ0g98

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

9 months ago

Florida seems to be a messed up place!

Deserthowlwkend_max30
striker123 posted in: "Hi", 2 minutes ago.
Mardi_gras_cat_max30
DonnaLynn gave a thumbs up to The Post "I love this weight loss supplement", 28 minutes ago.
Deserthowlwkend_max30
striker123 commented on: "DonnaLynn C", 29 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Role play", about 1 hour ago.
New_avatar_4_max30
HijoDeDiosMRM gave a thumbs up to The Post "Poll: New Car", about 1 hour ago.