News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Is It Fair That a Florida Mom Received a 20-Year Sentence for Firing ‘Warning Shot’?

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

about 1 year ago

Source: THE BLAZE

July 16, 2013

• Quickley-b240_max50

bill9823

about 1 year ago

warning shot or not, once she left the house she was not in any danger. She went out to her car and got the gun then came back in the house. In my opinion that is where she went wrong.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

about 1 year ago

Florida has its issues! For sure! but so does everywhere, as I hear a loud boom outside my home! I will turn off the light and go to bed as not to put myself in a stand your ground situation! 20 years for warning an abusive husband! Really?

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

about 1 year ago

1912 Comments

In a word YES. A "warning shot" is reckless conduct at a minimum. Warning shots are intended to scare and intimidate and really do nothing to stop a genuine threat. Maybe that is way police agencies nation wide prohibit such action when dealing with a threat. Also here did the round go and where did it stop?

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

about 1 year ago

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

about 1 year ago

Before I even waste the next 2 minutes of my life, I tend to wonder. Blaze goes into damage control, or a retort to a plethora of cultures that assert the FL justice system may need some tweeking?. i.e. Casey Anthony/Zimmy.

I'm going to guess the latter as I want to get the image of the aBlazers as canines chasing their tails in an attempt to figure out how to comment.

Clip of Bugs Bunny with an anecdote, POOR SOUTH AMERICA. :( http://youtu.be/xiTM2HQ0g98

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

about 1 year ago

Florida seems to be a messed up place!

Image_max30
shikahgho uploaded the photo: "summary_fc2f8a65694618d2d31cdc26afa66839", 6 minutes ago.
Image_max30
shikahgho uploaded the photo: "10325640_10152587922771252_1104871049641286206_n", 8 minutes ago.
Image_max30
shikahgho posted in: "3 Word Response", 9 minutes ago.
Image_max30
shikahgho posted in: "3 Word Response", 9 minutes ago.
Female_bodysurfer_max30
MarlyB posted in: "Community Policing", 10 minutes ago.