News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Rate

TV Anchor gets "punked" With "Breaking News-Names of Pilots Names of Crashed Airliner"

New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

about 1 year ago

Source: Media Bistro/TV Spy

July 12, 2013

Rate

about 1 year ago

I cannot believe nobody caught this prior to the broadcast.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

about 1 year ago

Follow up. Egregious errors all around, but one unindentified NTSB intern was the source of the unhumorous prank.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

about 1 year ago

The studio technician who keyed in that bigoted piece of garbage "joke" should be fired on the spot. I sincerely doubt NTSB is to blame, but if so, someone needs to be shown the door there.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

about 1 year ago

Oooops....ho lee u know what. Heads will roll for this!!! No too pretty bright, eh!

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

about 1 year ago

I'm just trying to figure out how she got past "Ho Lee Fuk" without realizing something was a miss. Sure the others were really odd but I don't think I could have even made it to the last name without questioning it.

• New_unit_max50

ChiefDC501

about 1 year ago

1912 Comments

I understand that there is nothing funny about the plane crash. But, as many times as I have been misquoted by news reporters and stories broadcast that in no way resemble the incident I cannot help but laugh at a major media outlet that got "hosed".

20140718_195833-1_max30
denise65 commented on: ChrisA13's photo: "2012-10-29_18-20-12_64[1]", 35 minutes ago.
Rcsd04_max600_max30
StrykerBrig21 posted in: "What has happened to my Police Link?", 39 minutes ago.
Profile_max30
hawkman307 commented on: "Shuntarus Knox", about 1 hour ago.
20140620_130446_max30
Shuntarus received a gift from hawkman307, about 1 hour ago.
Kibs033 received the quiz result of "You passed with flying colors", about 1 hour ago.