News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

10 months ago

Source: CBS DC

June 07, 2013

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

10 months ago

With all this surveillance we still have Political corruption and people breaking the laws in Public office politicians are always on the phone to their staff! Hipocracy! We allow our Congress and Senate to oversee themselves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wis_sLT1I official trailer

• Thcaf6zgyj_max50

LanaNJ

10 months ago

Mass Surveillance, the timeline. If anyone's interested.

• Thcaf6zgyj_max50

LanaNJ

10 months ago

So maybe in October of 2001, the ACLU was on to something when they fought to abolish parts of the Patriot Act?

While I agree there's WAY too much Government Intrusion and ALL elected officials have abused their power in one some way(i.e Patriot Act-10/26/01, I do think there's valid reasons why the Gov can't practice full disclosure when fighting the 'War' on Terrorism.

If that were so, I could see someone like Geraldo Riveria at large, televising things like:
    ~The Military's battle plans for the week in Afghanistan.
    ~A detailed description of what's going on along the Pakistani borders.
    ~ A Map of all Naval movements in the Persian Gulf.
    ~A breakdown on our allies Military plans for the week.
    ~Video access to current "real time" of Police and Military.
    ~Disclose State and Local Governments use of speed traps and Officer locations, and so on.

Any-who, I'm not comfortable with the amount of Government invasion into our privacy post Patriot Act, but I'm not going to get all rattled up. Perhaps I'll just ask a friend of mine who happens to do wiring for Verizon if he's secretly working with the NSA to pick up my phone conversations , then I'll worry.

"Hey Tony, can hear me now?" C'mon, just tell me!! lmao

• Female_bodysurfer_max50

MarlyB

10 months ago

Reasonable suspicion is supposed to rank higher than a mere hunch. Americans' Fourth Amendment guarantees should not be abrogated because twenty-six and a half hairs stood up on the back of somebody's neck.

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

10 months ago

Where is J. Edgar Hoover when you need him? -- Doc

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

10 months ago

How does this not violate the 4th? Well at least we know who will have the largest collection of "adult material". I vaguely remembering something like this happening in my history books (with current stuff at that time respectively)...it didn't work out with sunshine and rainbows for them.

chriswalker123123 commented on: "Would You Pass the Police Exam?", 8 minutes ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest commented on: "Right or Left?", 8 minutes ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest received the quiz result of "Democrat", 13 minutes ago.
chriswalker123123 received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", 13 minutes ago.