News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

about 1 year ago

Source: CBS DC

June 07, 2013

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

about 1 year ago

With all this surveillance we still have Political corruption and people breaking the laws in Public office politicians are always on the phone to their staff! Hipocracy! We allow our Congress and Senate to oversee themselves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wis_sLT1I official trailer

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

about 1 year ago

Mass Surveillance, the timeline. If anyone's interested.

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

about 1 year ago

So maybe in October of 2001, the ACLU was on to something when they fought to abolish parts of the Patriot Act?

While I agree there's WAY too much Government Intrusion and ALL elected officials have abused their power in one some way(i.e Patriot Act-10/26/01, I do think there's valid reasons why the Gov can't practice full disclosure when fighting the 'War' on Terrorism.

If that were so, I could see someone like Geraldo Riveria at large, televising things like:
    ~The Military's battle plans for the week in Afghanistan.
    ~A detailed description of what's going on along the Pakistani borders.
    ~ A Map of all Naval movements in the Persian Gulf.
    ~A breakdown on our allies Military plans for the week.
    ~Video access to current "real time" of Police and Military.
    ~Disclose State and Local Governments use of speed traps and Officer locations, and so on.

Any-who, I'm not comfortable with the amount of Government invasion into our privacy post Patriot Act, but I'm not going to get all rattled up. Perhaps I'll just ask a friend of mine who happens to do wiring for Verizon if he's secretly working with the NSA to pick up my phone conversations , then I'll worry.

"Hey Tony, can hear me now?" C'mon, just tell me!! lmao

• Female_bodysurfer_max50

MarlyB

about 1 year ago

Reasonable suspicion is supposed to rank higher than a mere hunch. Americans' Fourth Amendment guarantees should not be abrogated because twenty-six and a half hairs stood up on the back of somebody's neck.

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

about 1 year ago

Where is J. Edgar Hoover when you need him? -- Doc

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

about 1 year ago

How does this not violate the 4th? Well at least we know who will have the largest collection of "adult material". I vaguely remembering something like this happening in my history books (with current stuff at that time respectively)...it didn't work out with sunshine and rainbows for them.

100_1750_max30
KCecala gave a thumbs up to The Post "Where Have All the YaYas Gone ??", 14 minutes ago.
100_1750_max30
Copy_of_oct3_2012_max30
LadyG gave a thumbs up to The Photo "Cruise 2014", 16 minutes ago.
Img_20130505_135233_400_max30
SamHarris commented on: "Arnita Bristol", 17 minutes ago.
Swannie256 received the quiz result of "51-75% correct", 29 minutes ago.