News >> Browse Articles >> Officer Down News

East Hartford officer dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

Source: CT Now

March 13, 2013

• 580266338686131_max50

Tysyty

RIP

• shadow_officer

over 1 year ago

Even strong officers have a moment of weakness....we need to be able to see the signs and help our brothers and sisters who need it...RIP

over 1 year ago

In my first twenty five year leo stint two officers ate their gun and two gassed themselves.One was in my crew and one,I broke in.There were no outward indicators and none of them sought assistance.I fear that males in this occupation don't believe that it is manly to seek help.It is a problem which needs to be addressed.

• Img_3413_sq90_max50

cops1521

over 1 year ago

Suicide in Law Enforcement per year is at least three times higher than line of duty deaths. Just as we work hard at reducing LODD, we MUST work at reducing the suicides. PTSD is prevelant in Law Enforcement not necessarily from one incident but the cumulative. I have friends who have PTSD and fortunatelt sought help and are doing better. I lost one friend to suicide and I will do everything I can to not lose another friend or even stranger.

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

over 1 year ago

RIP. Another example why we need to find ways for our brothers and sisters to be able to seek help in times of need w/o jeopardizing one's career...

• Anonymous-killer-whale-232189_1__max50

Whalewatcher

Very sad, indeed. RIP Officer Buchanon

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

over 1 year ago

Sad, my thoughts and prayers are with the Officers family friends and coworkers. My hope is that people reach out to one another from time to time to see how their friends and family are fairing. The strongest people are the ones that never ask for help, it usually seems it's a thing that has to be inquired by a friend as I'm sure many will just say, "No, I'm fine". Again, sad.

• Angel_kincaid_park_2014_max50

AKangel

over 1 year ago

RIP Officer Paul Buchanan, Thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, dept, it's never easy.

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

over 1 year ago

Rest in Peace Brother. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the East Hartford PD.

• Csi_squirrle_max600_1__max50

mmmm

RIP Brother.

• Female_bodysurfer_max50

MarlyB

over 1 year ago

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of dear Officer Paul Buchanan.

Dennis, I did not know you had to go through the loss of two friends that way. My heart goes out to you.

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

over 1 year ago

R.I.P. So sad. I have had two friends eat their gun.

• Eagle_and_flag_max50

36TR

over 1 year ago

Heartbreaking to hear of a Veteran Officer taking his own life!! Nothing is ever worth that.
    My Condolences to the Family, Friends and Co-Workers!!

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

RIP Officer Buchanan.

CHAPE received the quiz result of "You handle danger with Courage", about 1 hour ago.
Female_bodysurfer_max30
MarlyB commented on: "Bob Perkins", about 1 hour ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
liveonline55 submitted the article: "[Full HD]The. Barclays. 2014. live. stream. Golf. Online", about 2 hours ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
liveonline55 submitted the article: "PGA TOUR Live: The Barclays 2014 Streaming Free", about 2 hours ago.
10600512_550371158419560_5073096125701262996_n_max30
liveonline55 submitted the article: "The Barclays 2014 live online Streaming Golf", about 2 hours ago.