News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Hero Grandpa Who Fought Off Shark to Save Children Fired from Job at Children’s Charity

45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

Source: gawker.com

March 13, 2013

• Angel_kincaid_park_2014_max50

AKangel

JUST SAD!

• Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max50

Brighteyes63

over 1 year ago

Ok I read the “Yahoo” version of the story not this one and it didn’t state anything about a Dr’s advised vacation. I probably wouldn’t have fired the guy unless it was “paid leave” which the story didn’t state; a couple of months? Pleaseeeee, there are too many other people out there looking for jobs and willing to put up with the stress just to survive. He’s obviously too old to be working as a project coordinator. Call me cynical but I have done too many Workers Comp claims to believe anyone’s BS anymore. I do agree they should have “discussed” it first before sacking them both; that to me was wrong!

• Att179311_max50

Elite1grey

over 1 year ago

no jar would have been in the water fighting the shark
    alwas head towards the sound of gunfire

• Badge_max50

jar6489

over 1 year ago

He deserves his job back and a bonus in my book. I bet the shark attack didn't play well on his nervousness, though!

• Badge_max50

jar6489

over 1 year ago

Elite...you would fire an individual for following Doctor's Orders?!?! The Doc said to take a break from work, a vacation...thats what he did, now he is fired. I guess he should've laid in bed at home and watched TV eating chips and drinking soda.

• Att179311_max50

Elite1grey

over 1 year ago

Brighteyes I would have done that same thing as this guy did work related stress where is he supposed to be in a hospitle he was on vacation they fired him because they were looking of him to have stayed in England

• Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max50

Brighteyes63

over 1 year ago

Though Suzzanne was being "Sarcastic" She was a lot nicer than I would have been!! The guy signs up today just to comment on this post? I'm pulling and UncleDennis...something doesn't seem right! The guy lost his job because he was out on sick leave due to "work related stress" yet he's frolicing in the ocean with a shark! I would have fired him too!

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

over 1 year ago

Now hold there--I don't see where ash tried to rip anything. He simply disagreed with what you said. As for introductions, they are strongly recommended, but by no means required (contrary to popular misconception). People are constantly saying it is in the TOU. I challenge anyone to show me where in the TOU it says introductions are required. If I'm proven wrong, I promise I will admit my error.

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

Thanks Brighteyes. I sent him/her a PM.

• Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max50

Brighteyes63

BUMP SuzanneNGa!

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

Jeesh Ash, settle down! I was being freaking sarcastic, copish?!!!!

ash1134209

over 1 year ago

That has nothing to do with being a libral! There are jerks everywhere conservative jerks, libral, black, white, men, and women. Being a jerk knows no bounds to what you are but who you are! The imporant thing right now is a man got fired from his job for saving children and needs a another one! Thats not right that he was fired! That what we need to focus on!

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

Wow.... you can't be a hero anymore. The world is full of liberals!

Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Fireball (Old Dude)", less than a minute ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Earmal McKinley", less than a minute ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Rainer Stephan", 1 minute ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Shetland Uncledennis1", 1 minute ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 commented on: "dolphinblue", 2 minutes ago.