News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Firearms Companies Restricting Sales to Government Agencies in Areas That Restrict Gun Rights

1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

about 1 year ago

Source: cnsnews.com

February 24, 2013

• Picture_015_max50

sooperman23

about 1 year ago

The only reason firearms manufacturers sell guns to Gov agencies is to market them to the public. The next big thing to Cops, is the next big thing to civilians. If they arent allowed to sell to civilians it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to give them away to the government. I dont really believe this is a political statement. It is just business. The other side of the story is simple supply and demand. If the demand is incredibly high (like it is right now) it doesnt make any sense to sell a bunch of guns at a highly discounted price. They are back ordered over a year out with customers willing to pay full price. Its just business.

• Donnga_max600_max50

CaptainDan166

about 1 year ago

Applauding was taking place, take a minute and read the entries. I do not expect anyone in this (our) profession to act like sheep, quite the contrary, stand up and be counted. I respect your opinions and your service. As for our oaths of office, we said we would protect and defend the constitution. That doesn't mean that we must needlessly or blindly agree with what occurs but it does mean you'll be there to make certain that our communities are protected, which goes back to my original blog, that companies are keeping law enforcement from obtaining the materials that are necessary for our brothers & sisters from effectively & SAFELY from doing their jobs.

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

about 1 year ago

Remeber your oaths as law enforcement officers. When I was sworn I cannot remember ever taking an oath to POTUS. I do however remember a little something about protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States.

• Badge_max50

jar6489

about 1 year ago

I do not think anyone in the profession is applauding these companies; however, I do completely agree w/ what they are doing. As a citizen of the US, I have the right to own the guns in question. Granted, I may not have a need for them often, if ever, but it is my right. We, as law enforcemen are sometimes placed in situations in which a decision should be made...stand up for the Constitution and what is right or follow through with an order given by the President in which infringes on citizens rights.. I, for one, will stand up for the citizens and Consitution, always. I will not be a sheep!

• Donnga_max600_max50

CaptainDan166

about 1 year ago

By impeding the ability of law enforcement (regardless of the agency) to effectively protect its employees and the public that “WE” are sworn to protect makes little sense or logical reason. I understand the issues on both sides of this issue but what I don’t fathom is how we in the profession would applaud those who restrict the sales of the tools that we need in order to make a political, or, financial statement.

• Derrick_max50

gradyg

about 1 year ago

If the law abiding citizens can't have them then no one in that state should either, I get they point. Infringe is what politicians fail to realize that's what they are doing with all these anti-gun laws that hurts only the law abiding citizens from legally owning and carrying a gun. What's good for the gander should be good for the goose. I side with these companies on this one.

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

about 1 year ago

The beginning of the revolution...........are we prepared?

Quickley-b240_max30
bill9823 gave a thumbs up to The Post "To Pay My Respects to an Old Timer", 6 minutes ago.
New_york_yankees__2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Bob Perkins", 13 minutes ago.
New_york_yankees__2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Bob Perkins", 15 minutes ago.
New_york_yankees__2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Keith K", 17 minutes ago.