News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Bill would force gun owners to buy liability insurance

Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

about 1 year ago

Source: KCRA

February 06, 2013

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

about 1 year ago

I have a piggy back policy on my home owners since I carry concealed. I don't think I could afford an attorney on retainer however. That $200.00 to $500.00 a month goes for other things. Good idea if one can afford.

• Socrates_max50

dochudon

about 1 year ago

I can honestly say I have always recomended have a liability policy and an attourney who specializes in Use of Force on retainer, if you are going to carry a weapon. But I could not with good concience REQUIRE people to do so. This is a Constitutional Right, They will argue it's no different than driving a car and of course Gun enthusiasts and 2nd Amendment advocates have been stating more people are killed by cars than guns. But driving is a privlige not a right.
    I still think it's wrong to charge sales tax on buying groceries.
    MetroRW30 says "Exactly how many vehicle collisions have been prevented because auto insurance is mandated just to register your car?" of course the answer is IF THEY CAN'T AFFORD INSURANCE THEY CAN'T DRIVE SO THEY CAN'T CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. Of course we all know how many people drive with out insurance.

• Fall_2007_027__2__max50

MetroRW30

about 1 year ago

I can see it, Utopia is just around the corner! Are they serious?

And while I'm ranting, my life insurance policy says I'm not covered for acts of war or during my participation in the commission of a crime. Wanna bet that my "soon to be required" gun insurance will have the same limitation?

Won't our Obama-care health tax insurance pay for the medical treatments of victims? Or is this about making sure that personal injury attorneys can get a bigger piece of the pie while there is so much anxiety about guns right now.

about 1 year ago

A bill which will effectivly manage violence,Mr. legislator??What planet are you on and what have you been smoking?Leave it to a California Democrat to envision something this lame.Since the founding of this country law enforcement officers have been attempting to effectively manage violence and you have found the magic solution.What an everlovin brilliant concept,let's make the insurance companies wealthier.Better still kind sir why don't you get your bunns in a Police cruiser,go out among your constituants and show us how to effectively manage violence.

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

about 1 year ago

Let's see, commit armed robbery or murder and get popped, you will now have the added charge of failing to have gun owners insurance. A real crime deterrent! But, legal gun owners can continue to pay more and more for the sins of the criminals...

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

about 1 year ago

Simply more punishment for gun owners. It has nothing to do wth safety or crime prevention. If memory serves then all policys I have ever seen excepts death or loss through criminal acts committed by the policy owner.

2014-04-12_22
Brighteyes63 received a gift from uncledennis1, 11 minutes ago.
White_shirt_max30
uncledennis1 commented on: "Brighteyes63", 11 minutes ago.
Eastercat_max30
LadyG received a gift from uncledennis1, 12 minutes ago.
2014-04-12_22
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Shetland Uncledennis1", 12 minutes ago.
White_shirt_max30
uncledennis1 commented on: "Ginny Nor", 12 minutes ago.