News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores.

Iraq_1-16-08_005_max50

mountain_tac

Source: Fox News via New York Times

January 06, 2013

• Christmas_2010_038_max50

Mongo1

about 1 year ago

OH but you cannot attack the base like that, they are entitled. You lock em up and you pay for that too. We pay no matter what.

• Thcaf6zgyj_max50

LanaNJ

about 1 year ago

Homeless people, some whom are Vets, die in the street from hypothermia while others manipulate the system. If a vendor knowingly takes money, to me that makes Client AND Vendor just as guilty. This is where you need spotters and shut it down! If a person suspects fraud, there are fraud hotlines I'm sure somewhere on the net. They have the persons card, and I'm sure at the Point of Sale it records all data. We'll stop fraud, when we get involved imo.

• Me_max50

perlaross

over 1 year ago

Nothing fuels the fire of welfare opponents like evidence of systemic welfare card distributions at strip clubs, pubs and casinos. They have been discovered through the years and the problem hasn't abated. Makes me shake my head in disbelief when I read here that EBT card is abusively used.

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

I"m with Jonas, I'm not surprised!

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

over 1 year ago

Just left my local owned township business a local owned real butcher shop and watched a lady pay with her EBT CARD then get in her BMW with manicured fake nails and drive away! remeber the EBT SONG VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RhQsRKsU0M

Not that wealthy people dont need help but I thought if you had BMW you would be able to sell it for money to pay your way!

over 1 year ago

Every President since I was born (many years ago) has promised to change this.They certainly have,it's grown much worse.

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

over 1 year ago

Let me work more so these people can buy more booze and keep the strippers employed! Is this part of the Obama Care plan?

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

over 1 year ago

More reasons to drug test welfare recipients. There are generations of receipients who pass their trade on to others. My first wife had working the system down to an art. At one point she was receiving aid to dependant children while I was paying child support.

• Me_n_hannah_max50

warose

over 1 year ago

Should be legal to tail them at work and when they enter a joint like this take the money out the ATM and purchase booze or what not with it charge them with fraud.

• S

Joe_Griffin

over 1 year ago

Very sad but all too common. If we could only weed out these kinds system abusers, there would be more funds available to the elderly who don't even receive enough money to live on.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

News Flash?

• 2007-2008_114_max600_max50

NYTRDT1

over 1 year ago

Nice to know my taxes are well spent, unfortunately working in Brooklyn I have seen this problem first hand and it is rampant.

over 1 year ago

Tax dollars at work, no wonder the welfare system is broken.

• 2013_police_academy_graduation_beverage_pitcher-rfbcce87685664b4aad274d761cee8c6d_2wnov_8byvr_324_max50

abra10

over 1 year ago

How sad! There are so many who benefit from these programs responsibly while picking up the pieces of their lives. Unfortunately, the scum who use these funds fraudulently make it next to impossible for a decent citizen to want to support programs that appear unmanaged and uncontrolled.

• 3124185-templar_max50

MaxVirtus

over 1 year ago

"The people who are stealing from the program are the ones I want to go after,” Libous said. “Not someone who lost his job or a single mom who has to feed her kids. That’s what this program is supposed to be for.”

That's what I'm talkin' bout.

chriswalker123123 commented on: "Would You Pass the Police Exam?", about 3 hours ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest commented on: "Right or Left?", about 3 hours ago.
Image_max30
Chitown_finest received the quiz result of "Democrat", about 3 hours ago.
chriswalker123123 received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", about 3 hours ago.