News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Police Banned From Denny's Restaurant After Manager 'Harassed' Detectives Over Guns

Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

Source: The Huffington Post

January 03, 2013

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

I haven't eaten at a Denny's in at least three decades. I'lll cross them off my list for future eating establishments to eat at.

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

over 1 year ago

If he doesn't want to be surrounded by police, then I guess he won't need them to assist if ever he comes out of the restaurant with a money drop at 3am and has a gun put to his face.

• 25-1-13-a_1__max50

SkoolCop

over 1 year ago

WOW...... I'm not all that big on Denny's but at times, they have been the only food spot open, especially on Holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. All have been very pro LE. (AND NO, I DO NOT EAT FOR FREE) That said, I have NEVER heard of such a thing. All of this, because a private citizen got his or her shorts all up in a bunch? Along with the firearm(s), their badges were clearly visible. They were ON DUTY, NOT OFF DUTY at the time. The manager could have saved everyone the hassle and kicked out the citizen saying that "We at Denny's support our local law enforcement. If you are uncomfortable with that, we will take their business over yours and you can leave." Hope they get this issue resolved.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

over 1 year ago

Bump Sarge! Fast and quick is key!

• Lady_jessie_max50

TheSarge

over 1 year ago

Well go just about anywhere for chow. HA !!! (That's probably not what you meant, headbrer.)

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

over 1 year ago

Denny's of all places. How low can you go?

Doc

• Sfa_iv_max50

revCCBeasley

over 1 year ago

Ok, did he ask for creds? Most people would have ask that first before jumping the gun, ILLinois has a very strict conceal weapons law so i can not see this manager making the mistake. Hat off to the Chief.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

over 1 year ago

Bump AJS! @ Chief this particular station has not posted the video yet or I just can't find it! I guess after they finish with the live news they will post it then! WWW.wsvn.com, if you find it first please post it.

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

over 1 year ago

Huffington post, msn, cnn, msnbc.......what did you expect? As far as denny's goes it is their right to refuse service as it is our collective right to boycott them nationwide.

• Eagle_and_flag_max50

36TR

over 1 year ago

Saw this on MSN.com as well, but have to bump #'s 2-5 on Sarge's post!

Free meals?? NOT!!!

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

over 1 year ago

Steve: Can you post the video of the interview? There could be an extra 50 in it for you.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

over 1 year ago

I'm going to roll with the Capt/Chief's version of events and slice that gift card from Denny's in half! The local news here had a longer video of the cops interview! Stupid is what stupid does! Duh! I will give the card to some who needs to eat! Cutting the card would be putting money in their pocket! Bump on Item 4 Sarge!

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

over 1 year ago

I was approached at a local Denny's by security regarding my off duty weapon. I have no idea how they knew as it was well concealed. They axed that I take it to my ride. I explained I was exempt from the sign prohibiting concealed carry. We are not a society of thinkers. I set down and they left me alone. I still visit the establishment. This article shows some major stupidity.

• Lady_jessie_max50

TheSarge

Item one: This is published by the Huffington Post. Anti-LEO, anti-conservative

Item two: What was the detective doing to 'reveal' their weapon. Concealed is concealed. Let's conceal it properly. All the time.

Item three: There's way more to this story that what is printed. It you hold it up to the light or look at it through a mirror or if you pour lemon juice on it, then you'll "know the rest of the story".

Item four: Busted ! HP food. Free this and that ! Slippery slope folks. Code of Ethics. Review if you forgot.

Item five: With panicky big-eyed civilians floating around after Sandy Hook, even bulges will become suspect.

Note: We had Hurrican Sandy and Sandy Hook. Might be good to avoid Sandy for awhile.

• Giu-turkey-distribution-004-801_max50

snhadley

Seriously?

Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan submitted the article: "GBI arrest second man in cabbie murder", 6 minutes ago.
zppomia posted: "an dv dahf vh adf hi adfvb", 7 minutes ago.
zppomia posted in: "an dv dahf vh adf hi adfvb", 7 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "Austrian SWAT team raids wrong apartment", 9 minutes ago.