News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Should malamute 'Bolt' be euthanized over mauling?

Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

over 1 year ago

Source: KCRA

December 08, 2012

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

over 1 year ago

The Alaskan Malamute is one beautiful breed of working dog, perfectly compatible with the outdoorsmen/women. This high energy breed in small confines with a bachelor, not so much. This dog which is probably grossly under-stimulated, appears to be demonstrating more heightened aggression, and is totally displaying jealousy, imo. My heart aches for this beautiful animal, but there is no such thing a two initial warnings, this is the dogs second time biting a woman in the face. Just My .02

• Anonymous-killer-whale-232189_1__max50

Whalewatcher

over 1 year ago

From the age of six until I left home to join the service at age 17, we had an Alaskan Malemute named Nikki. He was the best-tempered dog my family ever had or knew. He even got along with the cats !! He was typical of the breed; if Bolt was also as well mannered as Nikki was, I know where I'd place the blame in this situation. Since the woman was intoxicated and ignored the owner's warnings, she's responsible for the results.

over 1 year ago

The dog owner advised the lady,his girl friend ,to leave the dog alone.She advised she was intoxicated.How many drunk people listen to reason from anybody?This is very much out of character for this breed of dog.I worked at one of the major Humane Socities and can never recall a malamute being held of observatioin for a bite.I would suggest give the dog his life and get the chick into detox.

Female_bodysurfer_max30
MarlyB posted in: "my husband just got violated.", 10 minutes ago.
373046_26738651698_2132900450_q_1__max30
SE851 gave a thumbs down to The Article "Stripper mom of missing girl hangs up on cops, says she ‘...", 14 minutes ago.
373046_26738651698_2132900450_q_1__max30
SE851 gave a thumbs up to The Photo "2011-05-16 21.57.25", 28 minutes ago.