News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Child dying of cancer wishes to receive cards/ patches from police

Cpdstar_max50

TODDCPD

over 1 year ago

Source: Ocean city patch

December 06, 2012

• Img_3413_sq90_max50

cops1521

over 1 year ago

I sent an email out about this earlier this week to all my LEOs on my C.O..S. email list and posted it on my facebook page. Everyday since then I have been hearing from Leos from all over including Secret Service Agents, Border Patrol, right on down to very small Agencies talking about how they have or were sending stuff. The most moving one was a Sgt from a local Sheriffs Office who had coordinated and had his entire zone platoon met him at the Mall and had their picture taken with Santa and sent him that along with a package. Our C.O.P.S. Chapter just held our annual Candlelight Memories Vigil where we recognize fallen LODD and Non LODD within our area (or have survivors within our area. One of the Non LODD was of an 8 yr old boy that I posted about on PL earlier after Dewitt Police a suburb of Syracuse swore Ashton in as an Honorary Police Officer making him an Honorary Police Officer. He died a few weeks later and the wake and funeral had tons of LEOs who came to honor a "fallen brother". At a training I was part of this week put on by DCJS a LEO brought a card that all the LEOs in class signed for this young man. While some people are amazed at the response, I am not I know the heart LEOs have and it does not surprise me. It just makes me so proud of all the LEOs and the fact that people continue to learn about the heart. What an amazing young man that he is also collecting things for the other sick children in his hospital ward.

• Screen_shot_2011-04-10_at_8

T_9

over 1 year ago

I saw a post of FB today where a van load of things from FDNY Medics and EMS were delivered recently. I sent my card on Monday along with some patches. Prayers for this little boy, strength and healing.

CKA13411

over 1 year ago

I'll be sending my patch from Calgary, AB Canada

• Somegiveall_max160_max160_max50

MIKIESPLACE

over 1 year ago

going to the post office tomorrow first thing

• Fall_2007_027__2__max50

MetroRW30

over 1 year ago

Diddo

• Cpdstar_max50

TODDCPD

over 1 year ago

Care package is going out a.s.a.p.!!!!

White_shirt_max30
uncledennis1 commented on: "Fireball (Old Dude)", 3 minutes ago.
Ericm60_max30
cakdep1 gave a thumbs up to The Article "Seatbelt violation turns into firearms, drug arrests", 7 minutes ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Opinions vary on arming URI campus police", 9 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 commented on: "Shetland Uncledennis1", 10 minutes ago.