News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Rate

Vermont college's oxen-slaughter plan riles activists

Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

Source: wcvb.com

November 10, 2012

Rate
  • Att179311_max50

Elite1grey

I think the oxen want roasted so people can enjoy a nice meal because they know what a life cycle is what do these activists think happen to chickens on a farm after they quite laying eggs.

• 229157_191928447520290_189972647715870_511283_1188967_n_max50

kalderman

I have a biased opinion because I enjoy red meat on almost a daily basis, and that's not about to change any time soon. I grew up on a farm and am 100% in support of the circle of life, including natural selection. Farm animals serve their purpose working on a farm and then they serve another purpose to feed those higher up on the food chain. I really am not behind the activists argument, If they were hungry enough I bet they would enjoy a nice oxen dinner.

• Texas02n_max600_max50

rypete

Not too sure but I'll bet the oxen want to eat grass, poop in the field and not get tipped over by some pot head teenagers on Saturday night. But then I haven't talked to the oxen so what do I know.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

So the oxen actually told these activists what they wanted?

Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "David Hamson", 3 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs up to The Article "Rock Hill officer writes his own ticket to retirement", 5 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan submitted the article: "Rock Hill officer writes his own ticket to retirement", 6 minutes ago.
Gods_team_max30
IowaNinersFan gave a thumbs down to The Article "Texas minister charged in teen sex assault", 10 minutes ago.