News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Jonas

Source: KTLA

October 22, 2012

• 2012-09-24_22-41-56_408_max50

Scjohnk

over 1 year ago

IF we sue all the Energy Drink manufacturers, Who is going to fund our space program?

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

over 1 year ago

Maybe it is a state-by-state difference, but in NY most soft-drinks show the caffeine content per can or per 8 oz. serving. Monster has about 10mg per ounce, so two 24 ounce cans is about the same as two 16 ounce coffees from Starbucks.

over 1 year ago

Contains the caffeine of five regular soft drinks.Allegedly drank two 24 oz, cans in 24 hrs.Also has been reported that not only five deaths but an addition thirty four hospitalizations of teens due to this and yes it is NOT covered by legislation requiring type of or amount of contents.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

over 1 year ago

I agree it's a problem, but there's no legislation that can effectively address this. Bump MaxVirtus regarding parents teaching their kids some sense.

Kids:

Don't run with scissors.
    Don't overdose on caffeine.
    etc

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

Max & KCecala. I agree.

• 3124185-templar_max50

MaxVirtus

Bump KCecala.
    This is sad and tragic. I believe parents need to talk to their kids about the dangers of consuming too much caffeine. You can't always monitor them... it's all about trust and honesty.

• 100_1750_max50

KCecala

over 1 year ago

Incidentally this drink has caused a total of five deaths of children. Maybe it isn't as safe as they say.

• 100_1750_max50

KCecala

over 1 year ago

I think the biggest problem with these drinks is they are available to minors. Most young kids are attracted to the feeling they get from caffeine. This is such a tragedy for the family.

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

Me too mz66! I don't know if I'm truly addicted to energy drinks. I drink at least two a day. I mainly buy it in a powder form from Wal-Mart and Kroger. Yeah, I"m addicted to caffeine. I'll take my chances.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

over 1 year ago

At the rate that I have been known to consume these I should be dead several times over.

• 45089_396847393722850_1055776862_n_max50

SuzanneNGa

over 1 year ago

You've got to be careful when consuming such products.

Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, less than a minute ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas gave a thumbs down to The Article "Bergen County cop still in 'very critical' condit...", 1 minute ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 commented on: FFC's photo: "Jennifer", 3 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 commented on: "Emily H", 3 minutes ago.