News >> Browse Articles >> Military

President Obama, sends personalised letter to the family of Heavy D when he passed, but sent a form letter, signed by a machine to the families of fallen Navy Seals. Nice priorities Mr. President

2012-09-24_22-41-56_408_max50

Scjohnk

over 1 year ago

Source: The gateway Pundit.com

September 01, 2012

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

over 1 year ago

While I would not expect any president to personally write individual letters for every fallen soldier, I would think it proper to find some time is their day to personally sign the letter instead of auto pen! Maybe then they will pause and maybe think a little harder before committing soldiers to battle, supporting the soldiers they do send to battle, and appreciate the sacrifices every soldier makes for their country...

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

over 1 year ago

It's an armed conflict with high rate of fatalities for our service members. Of course this is relative and any fatalities are too many, but any speculation about the autopen (bump Elite1grey) is 1) election year hijinks, and 2) a symptom of the overarching problem:

Operation Enduring Freedom Fatalities

After filtering by Country -> US, I count 37 fatalities in the month of August 2012 alone. I think we can agree that we need to get the politics out of the war. OEF has claimed 2110 US service members to date.

• 1796629_10152072766122893_1893765921_n_max50

Elite1grey

over 1 year ago

Let me get this right it is ok for president bush to send form letter but not president obama to do it lets get real more important things to do the critize someone for what is common practise since WWI

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

over 1 year ago

Being on the road and campaigning is "hard work."

• 2012-09-24_22-41-56_408_max50

Scjohnk

over 1 year ago

Disrespectful? No. Not in any way. I think our president made an excellent decision when he honored a fallen rapper with a personalized letter, and sent a form letter to the families of fallen Navy Seals. I even said that I agreed with his priorities. I believe I called them "nice", which the last time I checked was a compliment. Regardless, I am not the author of the piece, the Gateway pundit is. I simply shared the article, which I found interesting in the hopes that other would also find the article interesting.

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

over 1 year ago

Don't feed the troll.

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

over 1 year ago

SAD STORY!

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

over 1 year ago

19386 Comments

A form letter and "sorry for your loss". Disappointing.

Ericm60_max30
cakdep1 gave a thumbs up to The Article "Seatbelt violation turns into firearms, drug arrests", 1 minute ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Opinions vary on arming URI campus police", 3 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 commented on: "Shetland Uncledennis1", 4 minutes ago.
Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Calif. Prison Officials Search For Missing Inmate", 5 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 commented on: "Johnny Etter,Jr.", 8 minutes ago.