News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

Source: KTLA

July 19, 2012

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

I Actually quit my Dept. back in 1980 and moved to Calif. and applied to NBPD. Took their exam along with over 100 others and was fortunate enough to be the one officer that was hired! The Department was fantastic! The pay was so far above anyone else and I was told that if i wished I could apply for the MotorSquad after probation and earn even more pay. That plus educational pay and firearms proficiency pay all added up to around $42K a year and that was back in 1980! They swore me in and sent me to Rio Honda Academy which is a 'Stress Academy" I thought the 'stress' part was funny as I already had 9 years in as a LEO so it did not bother me and the classes were fairly easy IMHO. Unfortunately I was 30 yrs old and this was in July and I was not about to allow these 'kids' outdo me on any physical courses and I ran up that darn Mt. the Academy was on top of and suffered both heat and sun stroke! Ended up in the hospital for a week and needed months to recover. NBPD could not of course keep me on payroll for that long so I was dropped and went back to my old Dept. making $14k. NBPD is still a first rate Department and I would have loved to have remained there and rode of into the sunset on my police motor on the Coastal Hwy overlooking the beautiful women on those beaches!

• Suit_max50

cmm07r

If it wasn't for the distance I'd apply to all these departments in Cali. Seems I'd have a better chance their than here in Fla.

• Me_last_wk_max50

delano388

Nice Vid

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19382 Comments

Excellent.

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

Very appealing and very well done.

Doc

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

20818 Comments

All that intense training before you can issue tickets to snotty shoppers in NB LOL.....

• Ralphie_max50

rafaelmorales

NICE...

• 25-1-13-a_1__max50

SkoolCop

NEWPORT BEACH and its Police Department are VERY COOL. Surf, sand, sun....... Who could ask for more?

Excellent recruiting video.

• Dc4d5b0451333872_max50

Paul40504

Very cool, more agencies should do something like this.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

bump...too bad I can't at my age!

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

Makes me want to join...

Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Lawsuit challenges Bristol’s gun-permit process", 1 minute ago.
Untitledma28839986-0002_max30
Irishcop1961 gave a thumbs up to The Article "Man on FBI's Most Wanted list in custody", 8 minutes ago.
Untitledma28839986-0002_max30
Irishcop1961 commented on: "Man on FBI's Most Wanted list in custody", 8 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Women Lose Thousands Of Dollars, Jewelry To Man They Met ...", 17 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Woman dead after small plane crashes in Costco parking lo...", 18 minutes ago.