News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

D.C. officer allegedly made threatening comments about first lady

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

11955 articles submitted

Source: Washington Post

July 12, 2012

• Derrick_max50

gradyg

If true he's an idiot and needs to be fired plus charges are in order. Threats of any kind is unlawful especially when it's against a public officer or their family, joke or no joke police officers are suppose to have a higher moral standard then most citizens, if you do not have anything good to say about the President of the US just shut up.

• Mardi_gras_cat_max50

DonnaLynn

I am withholding comment until the investigation is complete. Who knows if the reporting officer had a beef with the accused officer and took something he said out of context or put two conversations together and made up a story. Not like that isn't the first time a brother has turned on another to climb the rank ladder or some other reason. If that is not the case and he did do what is said, then let the chips fall where they may.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

Unbelievable! I make no secret that I highly dislike the President and the First Lady but even I, as a private person, would NEVER even jokingly threaten either of them with physical harm, much less as a Police Officer in uniform! This is the height of stupidity! We Motor-Officers are a strange breed and joke more than other Officers, (I know, hard to believe), but we are usually more professional and are picked for our duty not only for our ability to ride a Motor, but for our appearance and professional demeanor. To think a Motor-Officer did this bring me shame and I have no doubt he will be kicked off the MotorSquad at the very least. I really am trying hard to wrap my head around a cop, much less a motorcop doing such a stupid and inexcusable thing!

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

It may surprise folks for me to say this, but I don't think we have the whole story yet. I'm sure something inappropriate was discussed/said, but when the full context is out I think the finding will be "no malicious intent, no real threat, but poor judgment nonetheless." Either way, I wonder if the gentleman will need to be finding other employment soon.

• Caduceus_max50

headbrer

Not a good idea.

Doc

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

more to the story

• 13739_1324712157564_1223686236_972375_5153671_a_max50

619Reeves

If I were Obama I'd punch him in the face and call it even!

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

I am not a big fan of this administration. But I am not a real big fan of stupidity either. I know it's hard to remain professional and objective at times. But obviously it's not an option to open your yap like this.

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

Stupid

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19386 Comments

Out of line even if it's a joke it misses the mark for professionalism.

Shameful if true and embarrassing to us all that a leo would do such a thing.Way over the line no matter what ones politics is.

Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Hello from Blue Line Soldiers", 7 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 gave a thumbs down to The Topic "Hello from Blue Line Soldiers", 7 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.2 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.2 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 is ranked No.2 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 8 minutes ago.