News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Peoria police chief defends officer's demotion over Obama image on Facebook

Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

Source: azcentral

June 15, 2012

• Derrick_max50

gradyg

He should have been fired plain and simple, brought up on charges. That what he did is considered a threat against the President of the United States.

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

Whether you agree or not with the President, he is our elected President and all should show respect at least to his Title/Office if not the man himself.

As for social media postings, this is why I'm not on Facebook, watch what I post on PL, and I'm also very careful what I write in emails or text messages as they can be forwarded...

• Eastercat_max50

LadyG

BUMP Robocop

• Snoopy_6_max50

Jonas

bump Robocop33.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

While I despise Obama for what he is doing to this Nation and have no problem making statements like that or others that disparage him, I am NOT an active LEO and do not represent my former Department in any way, I have been retired for over 25 yrs and don't even live in the same state. In THIS Officers case he showed extremely poor taste in his postings showing violence towards an elected Official, and not just any elected Official but the President of the United States! This cannot be tolerated, Period! As much as I dislike the POS I would NEVER suggest even in joking that he should be injuried or killed. Assassination is NOT how we do things in this Republic. His demotion and two weeks was deserved. Now he needs to take his name and photo off facebook and rebuild his reputation, if he can.

1asteriskshield_ezr_max30
ajsdaddyBPD gave a thumbs down to The Article "N. Carolina - Officer killed in crash with NCDOT truck", 19 minutes ago.
Harley_engine_max30
HSPD_Motor_Officer commented on: "Nancy Harmon", 24 minutes ago.
Harley_engine_max30
HSPD_Motor_Officer commented on: "David Hanson", 26 minutes ago.
Harley_engine_max30
HSPD_Motor_Officer commented on: "Craig Williams", 28 minutes ago.