News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Source: ALL GOV/ DRUDGE REPORT

June 12, 2012

• Steve_mcqueen_max50

ilegworldchamp

Robo 33 , my understanding is that this is NOT THE FIRST STATE to adopt this policy. Any Texas Officers out their know about the Shooting of Law Enforcement Officers Law in Texas ?

• Untitled_max50

WILLIAMS_JONATHAN

This makes no sense to me at all. I understand resisting an unlawful arrest and unlawful entry into a residence, but what about calls for service? A call for service gives us a legal right to go to a scene (in or outside of a residence). What if the complainant says there's someone breaking in my house and is nothing more than a cop hater. You enter the residence to find the bad guy only to get shot by the complainant for making an "unlawful entry"? Do not agree. Makes me glad I don't serve in Indiana.

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

This is insane. What if a caller gives the wrong address, or even worse lies about something? wtf?

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

I has always been the right of people to resist an illegal arrest up to and including using deadly force HOWEVER, Indiana is the first state that has codified it which pretty much encouraged citizens to do so. If you do resist an arrest, you darn well better be able to prove it was unlawful and the the Officers knew at the time it was unlawful and that it would subject you to immediate and extreme danger. Otherwise you are headed for Death Row! One should ALWAYS submit to an arrest here in the USA and work it out afterwards, that is why we have courts and warrants etc.

• 232323232_fp--4-nu_323_-698-994-wsnrcg_3442-97332338nu0mrj_max50

SA_Lisa

The title alone makes me numb. Unreal.

• Car_004_max50

copper380

2026 Comments

the NRA lobbied for this? WTF!! Most officers I know are pro gun and the NRA does this which risks the lives of officers? The average citizen can not even tell you about traffic law and they drive every day.....how the F#@K are they going to know what lawful entry means? The NRA needs to stick to guns and stay out of other legal issues!

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

What constitutes "Unlawful Entry" which is apparently what is cited in the law? I'm not familar with the case, but is entering on a domestic disturbance Unlawful Entry in Indiana? Either way glad I don't live in Indiana...

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19382 Comments

Are citizens allowed to shoot politicians in Indiana ?????????????????????

• Dscn7682_max50

jpegee

I never thought the day would come were we would put targets on the ones who swore to protect us

• Dscn7682_max50

jpegee

wow what a world we live in

• Att179311_max50

Elite1grey

ok now are they going to take away vests time to get out of indian here come the scum

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

You can't fix politics...I mean stupid!

I recall this it was bought up three months ago and discussed at great length by us when it passed at that time.

• Eod_max50

EOD300

WTF?? Are you kidding me?

Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Sean Sullivan", less than a minute ago.
Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Darlene Lee", 2 minutes ago.
Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "nikki", 2 minutes ago.
Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Robert Wolfgang", 2 minutes ago.
Hanscon_park_2_2013_max30
SE851 commented on: "Nick Loizzi", 3 minutes ago.