News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Officer uses stun gun to break up school fight

Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

Source: WISHTV

May 04, 2012

• In_remembrance_of_oakland_pd_max50_max50_max50_max50_max50

rhood

The officers were coreect in their actions.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

Works for me! I Have seen some pretty big 13 & 14 yr old kids. I had one 12 yr old at a drug bust that was 6'2" and 190lbs and not fat lbs either. He actually debated on getting it on with me until I pulled my nightstick and told him I did not care about his age, I WOULD put him in the hospital. If I had a stun gun back then he would have been zapped. They obviously didn't care that there were LEOs present so take the safe route and zap them. It isn't going to do any lasting damage at all to a healthy teenager.

Brian_kuerbitz

Honestly hope this Officer sees no punishment for this... all 3 refused to obey the commands of the officer and continued to fight. Great Job

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

Bump DL.

• Vpsomourningband_max50

DonnaLynn

And? Good for the officer. I hope this is a lesson learned for these kids... I doubt it, but one can hope.

rsironron

Good job on the officers part, and if people cmplain then send them in the next time a fight breaks out and see how they do against a 100 or more kids.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

Kids and schools aren't what they used to be. Good work. Glad no Officers were hurt.

• Images_max160_sq90_max50

t1401hm

In this case, the officer warned them to stop. 1 against 100. Seems to me that the correct proceedure was implemented.

• Images_max160_sq90_max50

t1401hm

Weapons are always a last resort. But when people, criminals in this case, do not have any respect for authority (no matter the age "in reason"), then officers have to use what they are able to use. I'm so sick and tired of hearing people complain that an officer used excessive force because he or she was being attacked. This world nowadays seems to applaud when law enforcement is attacked. I'm just very very disappointed in how people are today....