News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News
about 1 year ago
672 articles submitted
May 02, 2012
I think this is awesome ! Chief will be a good addition to the kennels !
My house cat looks meaner than him.
LonnaNJ he was terrorizing the neighbors! lol He looks pretty friendly to me. Glad he is being given a chance to terrorize any escaping inmates. ;)
Works for me!
Does that mean he's not a bad dog anymore?
Heartwarming story. Glad the dog was given a second chance.
This article is Vague.
1. Dog terrorizes the hand that feeds him? Why and to what extent is its aggression?
2. Could they have possible meant Barking, Was he showing his canines, ears frontward, head lowered facing the owners directly?
3. If this a Wolf Breed, dog may have double the bite pressure of an ABPT or Bull Terrier he'll need a Trainer that's also a very good animal behaviorist.
4. Could this dog just be Prey Driven or have Alpha Male Syndrome causing it's behavior? If so, Guarding may not be it's strong point, as anything furry can be a distraction to a dog with a high prey drive. A good Trainer can combat this and Certain Breeds thrive on being given a "JOB", it's their goal in life and many owners miss this. i.e. a Corgi likes to herd, Retrievers retrieve and Pits like to pass gas and snore (lol)
5. Any unseen Injuries causing the Dogs Behavior?
On a good note, I've seen fighter Pits be rehabilitated by PROFESSIONALS. These Dogs "BAD" tends to make people think they are "Human" aggressive, but ex fighters actually listen well and are very cognizant since they actually think that their purpose of fighting is to protect their owner from harm. Sadly, they will die for that, and obey any POS who delegated a job for them to do-no matter what.
More often then not, dogs can be rehabilitated. The problem is our shelters are overcrowded, and still accepts Dogs from as far as Thailand. That said, a dog like the one in this article, is what we call an (Owner) return & per-labled aggressive. The Dog will be bumped to the top of the Eutho List and could easily wind up in a gas chamber utilized in several states in the US-Human Society DOES NOT mean it's a No Kill Shelter. Shelters would rather adopt out a Stray without a history. He's one LUCKY dog. I wish the TRAINER(s) and Dog lot's of Luck.
Great ending Sure the dog will do well
Best way yet I have heard this type of rescue. Sounds good to me.
A good ending for this dog, hope he does well.
Save time in your search for a criminal justice degree program.
Use PoliceLink's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.
Miami-Dade sergeant receives Medal of Valor
Indiana woman sentenced to die for killing bible studies teacher at 15 is freed
8th Grader Suspended, Arrested Over NRA T-Shirt Now Faces $500 Fine and a Year in Jail
Two correction officers accused of smuggling drugs into Rikers Island
After chase, police are shocked by what they see
© 2013 PoliceLink