News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers after she hugged her grandmother while passing through security

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Source: UK MAIL ONLINE

April 24, 2012

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19382 Comments

GMAB Has it come to this?

• Marvin_max50

lajustice

If they dont fire the supervisor all the way down to the two moron's doing "their job" . then the public will never trust that agency. This is completely crazy. If that had been my daughter, someone would have gone to jail, probably me.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

I guess these TSA people have not heard that Obama has stated that the War on Terrorism is over and that we have won so I guess there is no more need of TSA Agents or checking anyone.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

How many more incidents will have to show up before we as a people say stop, this is enough and you are being stupid and not protecting us at all. If these were Police Officers they would have been fired and arrested and sued for their actions, and I can't say that would not be the proper actions to take either. But because they are TSA under Homeland Security headed by that nitwit Neopolitano who was appointed by Obama she gets a pass. For shame TSA!

• Sspx0013_-resized_max50

1good1bad1ugly

Completely out of line!! A 4-year-old a terrorist?? Give me a break! bump Elite1grey

• Thorroses_max50

DPalmer

BUMP wiseass

• Att179311_max50

Elite1grey

Well you dont want them going and profiling

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

20680 Comments

Bump wiseass0282

rsironron

Bump wiseass0282

• 25-1-13-a_1__max50

SkoolCop

This is just plain 0VER THE TOP S-T-U-P-I-D!!!!!!!!!

• Thinker_max50

darsavmo

While I'm certainly not a fan of what happens w/ TSA at airports, I do understand they have a job to do in order to ensure another 9/11 does not happen again. While I do not know what really happened with this incident, it certainly sounds like some reporter may have embellished the story somewhat if not a whole lot in order to make the story more than what it really is. And, even if the story happened as written, I’m glad they did not look the other way because of the age or actions of the child.

Would any sworn police officer on PL like to be Monday Morning Quarterbacked over an incident on the street because of a news article such as this? I think not, so I give TSA the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise and while I may not personally like all that they do, I do feel safer because of them when I fly…

• Silver_warrior_max50

Beowulf_7

Okay. . . .so if I have this figured correctly, we WILL NOT impose our will (i.e. pat downs, further inspections/investigations) on those that wish to do us harm (i.e. Islamist radicals), yet we WILL impose our will on someone that is unable to fight back. . . .I.E. AN INNOCENT 4 YEAR OLD CHILD. One day. . . .someone is going to step on the wrong toes and a TSA agent(s) will have their collective arses handed to them. Maybe not in a court of law, but. . . . . .

Bump wiseass0282

• John_groh_max50

wiseass0282

They hire a bunch of idiots that couldn't get on a Police Department who can't handle the responsibility of authority and are badge heavy. No common sense what so ever. They should we wearing clown outfits instead of any type of uniform.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

I just don't fly anymore unless there's no other option after considering distance, time constraints, train schedules, etcetera.

Keawmanee_max30
timk23666 commented on: timk23666's photo: "Rappel", less than a minute ago.
Female_bodysurfer_max30
MarlyB posted in: "3 Word Response", 27 minutes ago.
Naala1 gave a thumbs down to The Article "15 Tricky Interview Questions and How to Answer Them", 34 minutes ago.
Lovingfatherhood received the quiz result of "You did not receive a passing score", 36 minutes ago.