News >> Browse Articles >> Op / Ed

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Source: 13 WMAZ NEWS / DRUDGE

April 17, 2012

• 1asteriskshield_ezr_max50

ajsdaddyBPD

Bump T9. Parents need to be parents and parent. Stop trying to be your kid's friend, it doesn't work! Kids nowadays know no boundaries because they aren't given any at home. Then they call us and get mad as we twist up little Johnny into a whimpering ball of goo. If parents would do their jobs we wouldn't have to do it for them.

Bump, T_9, been there done that and tired of doing it! Excellent point, WHAT DO THEY WANT US TO DO!

• Screen_shot_2011-04-10_at_8

T_9

Last I checked there are laws governing children who do not listen to the rules of their parents and their teachers, at least there are in TN. If the school tried contacting the parents but were unable to reach them, at what point does her "bad day tantrum" become a police matter? Well, the article stated that people and property were being damaged. At that point, it is a police matter and police were called. What do they want us to do? I have to tell you that my child has had issues, mainly from before I adopted her, but she has never thrown a fit to where she was jumping on furniture and hitting people. I don't know what parents are doing these days, but I have to say, I have noticed that I am arresting more juveniles for unruly than ever before. There are therapist and treatments to help children with behavioral issues, but if you are parent that demands respect and teaches it then you have a better shot at your child being one who listens and is respectful of themselves and of others. All of this is in my humble opinion. From what I read in that article I believe that the officer did what they are sworn to do.

• Me_n_hannah_max50

warose

Nothing more important than officer safety.. anyone who has ever dealt with a juvenile knows how they act out. it is usually for their safety just as much as yours as an officer.

NCGirl2009 gave a thumbs up to The Post "retired or current officers", 18 minutes ago.
NCGirl2009 gave a thumbs up to The Post "retired or current officers", 19 minutes ago.
NCGirl2009 posted in: "retired or current officers", 20 minutes ago.
Qawsedrf received the quiz result of "You passed with flying colors", 25 minutes ago.