News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

Source: daily beast

April 12, 2012

• Me_n_hannah_max50

warose

It took them long enough. Last i checked a stand your ground or no retreat law did not cover you following someone when they are leaving the act then becomes premeditated in nature due to you having to take a conscious act to follow them. the act is no longer an act of self defense or a sudden rush of passion in the moment. this counts out voluntary manslaughter and since the act was deliberate that counts out involuntary manslaughter, he should have been arrested long before now. as an officer i would have made the arrest and taken warrants immediately the choice to not proceed with charges should be left to the prosecutors.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

Oh yeah mz66, he will either be convicted or he will plea I am sure.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

I'm going to say that I hope that he's convicted of a felony, whatever it may be--that way at the very least he will suffer the consequences laid out in Fl. Stat. 790.23.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

In reading about the entire incident and looking at it objectively they are going to have a very difficult time proving 2nd degree murder. I just don't think that they will be able to do that. Ms Corey has GOT to have the back-up plan of both voluntary and involuntary manslaughter and hoping that he will plea out to one of those. Understand that I am 'not' putting in my personal opinion at all, I am going strictly by the law and what needs to be proven or even probable cause so as not to be dismissed outright which 2nd Degree Murder may very well be!
    My personal opinion is that this incident could have and should have been avoided if Zimmerman had remain inside his vehicle and simply reported what he could see from that vantage point. I do not think that race has squat to do with this case. Zimmerman is an overanxious police wannabe who overreacted and when either Zimmerman accosted Martin, or Martin accosted Zimmerman, he was losing the fight and was scared and fired. To me Zimmerman is guilty of definitely involuntary manslaughter and quite probably voluntary manslaughter. 5 to 10 yrs and 10 yrs probation would be a proper sentence. but that is 'just my opinion' and not to be used to influence anyone else.

• Crumb_passin_thru_02_1__max50

mz66

Lead-in:

Forty-six days. That’s how long it took for George Zimmerman to be charged in the death of Trayvon Martin.

More than the muted satisfaction that an accused killer was no longer on the streets, more than the vague relief that the judicial system would not ignore entirely the possibility that shooting an unarmed teen might be illegal, this is what I heard voiced when special prosecutor Angela Corey announced that Zimmerman would face a second-degree murder charge. Give it a moment and you’ll begin to hear triumphalist throat-clearing and echoed statements about how this arrest proves the system works, that justice is not immune to the concerns of African-Americans. And the retort, damning as it is unassailable, is simply this: 46 days.

Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 posted in: "Bands name game", 10 minutes ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 gave a thumbs up to The Topic "I made it!!!", 14 minutes ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 posted in: "I made it!!!", 14 minutes ago.
Copy_of_oct3_2012_max30
LadyG posted in: "Community Policing", 30 minutes ago.
15437_1266403054653_1067074389_873402_825427_n_max30
fireems31 posted in: "I made it!!!", 32 minutes ago.