News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

• Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Well Put Robo Cop!

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

What if the story read:
    {Mohammed Salman Hamdani }A Tennessee {man} arrested for trying to check {his} LOADED gun at the 9/11 Memorial during a visit to the city has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge.
    {Mohammed Salman Hamdani }39-year-old a registered Nurse {and Registered Gun Owner}from Knoxville, was spared jail time under the plea deal........

By the way, the name Mohammed Salman Hamdani came from a NYPD Cadet and first Responder who perished on 911.

I think ppl should use common sense, if they lack that there is always Rule 16 in the Visitors Manual.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

bump Robocop...

• Thorroses_max50

DPalmer

Bump Robocop

• Th_max50

delta425

Criminals prey on people but ecspecially tourists.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

I am VERY glad that this young lady avoided any jail-time but she NEVER should have been convicted in the first place. There was never any 'intent'. She tried to do the right thing as the weapon was registered and she had a permit, and she was trying to follow instructions to the best of her ability. This is much the same as someone who is rushing to a flight and discovers he has a handgun in his briefcase. What is he to do? Try to smuggle it on the plane and risk going to prison, turn it in to the authorities and also risk going to prison, dumping it in a trash can and risk maybe some child finding it and hurting himself or others or worse, or maybe a real bad guy finding the weapon and using it against someone with this weapon being in your name? You are in trouble one way or the other and that is just wrong. I once had an appointment with the SS Office and rode my motorcycle there. When I noticed the sign that said no weapons I was stuck as I could not leave my weapon unsecured on my motorcycle. So I called the 'Security Guard' out front and ID'ed myself as a retired Officer and asked him if there was some where I could secure my weapon or allow him to hold it while I conducted my business inside. He said sure and asked if he could see my weapon. I unloaded it and presented it to him, all while outside the door. He immediately said he was confiscating my weapon. Say what? No way, call the Sheriff's Office now or I will. This was an armed private security guard. As I was raising heck and threatening legal action, (and yes even physical violence) he called his supervisor and reluctantly returned my weapon with of course the admonishment that I would be arrested next time. BS, I was not in the building and not buying his claim that being in front of the doorway was also protected and subject to his authority. These guards, TSA and other clowns as well as NY Politicians making there weapons laws have gone overboard and need to be stopped. This young lady is a perfect example. Not only was there no intent to violate the law, she was trying her best to comply and came close to losing her career and reputation and rights to possess a weapon at a later date anywhere in the USA should she be convicted of a felony. This is WRONG!

Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State", 1 minute ago.
coplax11111 submitted the article: "Watch Blended Download Full Movie XTC", 3 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "Fairfield PD: 3 sexual assault reports likely connected", 3 minutes ago.
Ba_old_glory_max30
Jonas submitted the article: "NH journalist James Foley beheaded in ISIS video, U.S. of...", 4 minutes ago.