News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Petco employee allegedly cuts off dogs ear, glues it back on, civil suit filed

Source: ABC News

February 18, 2012

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

PETCO NOT THE FIRST TO LOP OFF DOG EAR, TAILS and Cause SEVERE Burns to Pets:

• White_shirt_max50

uncledennis1

I saw no mention of criminal charges. This person is an idiot. Get out the check book.

How stupid is stupid....

Yeah, Mary! Stupid is as stupid does. This poor animal and it's owner could have had a happier outcome! A lawsuit should have been the least of their worries! The owner may have let it go if told initially about the incident. Now, it's a no brainer! Sir or Ma'am, How many zeros behind the 1,2,3,4,5,do you want on this check!

• Self-3_max50

educator1209

Didn't hear about that one,LonnaJ. I guess I will continue to let my dogs' fur fly freely in the wind. (Actually, two of them have some fur and the other two have such short fur that it can't be cut.) The other possibility is only go to groomers that you know personally rather than going to a chan. I agree with Steven that had the stupid pet groomers spoken up the pup's ear could have been saved. Very poor service. I would expect that groomers would love animals and be concerned about their well-being.

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

I always observe groomers now because of the dog that suffered severe burns by a blow dryer, and died a day later. This was a few years back, but I'll never forget that. I believe they held the blowdryer to one spot too long, but the groomers excuse was......well.........I Guess we had the Blow Dryer on to high? OH YEAH?, try that with my one of my dogs, and someone would be swallowing a blow drying. People have to realize do a thogough look over at the help hired by these"groomers", especially when they don't know you/or anyone else is watching.

What is horrible is that this animals ear could have been saved had it not been for this stupidity!!

• Self-3_max50

educator1209

Wow, stupid pet groomers Maybe a new television show?

• Fallenherobadge-3-1_max160_max50

Radiotelegrapher

Cut off that person's body parts and glue them back.

What was this idget thinking!

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

Foolish person. The ONLY one who can do that is Jesus!

May_cat_002_max30
Knitcat is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 6 minutes ago.
May_cat_002_max30
Knitcat is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 6 minutes ago.
May_cat_002_max30
Knitcat is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 7 minutes ago.