News >> Browse Articles >> Military

Jonas

Source: NBC

January 08, 2012

• In_remembrance_of_oakland_pd_max50_max50_max50_max50_max50

rhood

This was unexcussable.

Hey fantastic concept,screw over our vets.That's the way to display our gratitude.I had always thought that the medical care of our heros was a sin.Now it has somehow grown more incomprehensible and unconscianable.

GPD75

I also rely on the VA for some of my medical problem but whenever I need immediate help or anything other than a routine check up of blood tests or something that can even wait a year or more or if I need surgery, I go to a regular hospital for treatment. A simple kidney stone removal can take up to one year plus to be taken care of! A very simple colonoscopy takes almost 6 months and they ended up having to cancel me because the preparation they gave me left me in intense pain and dehydrated with blood pressure so low that procedure would probably have killed me! I was very sick for a week after that. The next month I scheduled one and was taken that week and it was a quick and easy procedure with no bad effects before or after and that was through a private hospital. God save us from Government health care!

As a disabled veteran I am appalled at this story. Fortunately so far I have had good experiences with the VA. My heart goes out for this family

GPD75

Socialized medicine. Imagine that being the norm for everyone. That is what will happen if Obamacare remains but the overworked VA will look like the bullet trains of Japan compared to the services of the 1800's wood burning locomotives of Obamacare. Only 2-3% of Americans avail themselves to VA care now and they cannot handle that many. What will happen if 95-98% rely on this?

Snoopy_6_max30
Jonas commented on: "Gary Coleman", 7 minutes ago.
Daniela_max30
e8nt392 posted in: "3 Word Response", 24 minutes ago.
2014-04-12_22
Brighteyes63 commented on: "Denise", about 1 hour ago.
Wolf_avitar_max30
ania416 commented on: "Craig Williams", about 1 hour ago.