News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Apex_20pd_20fb_2001012138_1_

APEXPROUD

Source: wral

January 03, 2012

• Mpd_pic_max50

usmcf481

I do agree that the dispatcher needs some more taining, telling him to not shoot. Lets play Devils Advocate. There is another armed suspect comes into the house and then shoots and kills this boy can you say Law Suit. I would have to the boy to stay on the phone and that when the LEO checked on the scene , and to keep the weapon until the LEO found him and turn it over to the LEO at that time, at not to point it at the LEO when he ID's himself. Again Good job for the kid taking care of bizness

• Img_3413_sq90_max50

cops1521

mmm, I agree with you. The boy sounded calm but there was a couple of times he seemed shook up but trying to keep it together. He could have been raised the way I was and that is to not push your panic button. He may have ben trying to keep it together for his sister. I am sure the dispatcher remaining calm also helped, though I too don't agree with her telling him to put the gun down. *I am sure she was trying to ensure he didn't shoot an Officer thinking it was a bad guy but she could have told him the Officers are there, it's ok to put the gun down now. To tell him not to shoot as long as she had him on the phone could have ended up with her hearing him shot by one of the bad guys. This young man handled the situation fine and I hope they are giving him assistance for having to take a life, even though justified.

• Csi_squirrle_max600_1__max50

mmmm

I"m willing to bet this young man thought this senerio through a time or two before it happened. Maybe dad taught him I don't know. His demeanor was fine with me. He knew he did the right thing and did not let the idiot dispatcher keep him from doing what he had to do. Good job.

• Ralphie_max50

rafaelmorales

He did a great job..Now for the dispatcher she should have put a Supervisor on the line or maybe think of getting a different line of work...

Totally agree with the comments on here en re to the dispatcher,She needs to be dismissed post haste.Fantastic job by that young man.Find a badge for him

• 1211120858_max50

FreezeP

He did what he had to do. the dispatcher should find another job. she had no right telling him to put that gun down, she wasn't the one in fear of her life, he was!!!

• John_groh_max50

wiseass0282

He did what he had to do. I also have a problem with the way the dispatcher responded.

• In_remembrance_of_oakland_pd_max50_max50_max50_max50_max50

rhood

Great job by this young boy, it is obvious that he was taught well by his parents. I would have to question what the dispatcher told him to do, her advise was dead wrong.

• Online-photo-sharing-gallery-animal-cat-cougar-artct45_max160_max50

Cat_D

Good job son !!! I was able to listen to the call at a link on the story. He is polite and calm the whole call. Terrible thing for him to have to go through but from the sounds of it there could have been 4 perps involved. I'm just glad he and his sister are ok. I hope my 14 yr old would be as focused in protecting herself !!!

• Car_004_max50

copper380

2026 Comments

I see a future cop here!!! Awsome job!!!! I question the dispatcher's orders though.

This little guy is a warrior.

• Ba_old_glory_max50

Jonas

Good job young man!

Pl1_max30
trouttrooper commented on: "Ed Keeney", 27 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle commented on: "Jason S.", 29 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle commented on: "David Simms", 33 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle commented on: "DonnaLynn C", 34 minutes ago.
Afspa_life_member-back_max30
keeneagle commented on: "Beverly Thoma Bullock", 35 minutes ago.