News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Photo_user_banned_big

mz66

Source: CBS Chicago

December 02, 2011

• Photo_user_banned_big

mz66

Exactly, TheSarge--when I got one of those new fangled phones 2 years ago I did that immediately because it allowed me to dispense with the belt clip. I always had problems with belt clips. Phones would hook on something and fall next to the car seat or somewhere worse when I was using the commode.

However, that only works if you have the right phone. Some phones will activate the unlock screen without that top button push and then after a number of incorrect password attempts by your butt or thigh, it will present a button for making an emergency call and then the person's butt or thigh is all too happy to oblige. This is partly a software design problem that some phone manufacturers need to be convinced to fix.

• Download_max50

TheSarge

Suggestion: I used to do a lot of these butt calls.

Then I just remembered what I used to do with our regular home phone: Hang it up.

I am not talking about ending a call. Actually hit the button on the top of the phone that blackens the screen, which, in essence, 'hangs' up the phone. I am down to 0% butt call since I've done that protocol.

• Me2_max50

bstites

I call it "pocket dialing". cause i dont know anyone that puts their phone in their back pocket. But 1/5 calls, thats WAY too many...

• Photo_user_banned_big

mz66

"Does this accidental 911 call make my butt look big?"

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use PoliceLink's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

dwardadorno91 commented on: "edwarda dorno", 10 minutes ago.
MiltonDelamater commented on: "Milton Delamater", 12 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 gave a thumbs up to The Topic "Good Night All", 43 minutes ago.
Download_max30
TheSarge posted in: "Good Night All", about 1 hour ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Another One Bites The Dust", about 1 hour ago.