News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Troublewithtribbles_max50

sat233238

Source: www.whec.com

November 03, 2011

• Image_max50

usa_24

Wow great to hear that he is doing great and about to return back to work.

• Eagle_and_flag_max50

36TR

Excellent story!!!! Kudos for this Officer to reach this milestone!!! And Kudos to the surgeon!!

• Img_3413_sq90_max50

cops1521

I posted this yesterday. It really is a miracle. I will never forget getting the phone call asking me to respond to the Hospital.

• Fake_sunset_max50

arroyol

Amazing story

• In_remembrance_of_oakland_pd_max50_max50_max50_max50_max50

rhood

Outstanding recovery by this determined officer. I wish him continued sucess for the future.

• Troublewithtribbles_max50

sat233238

First it was a miracle he survived being shot in the head, then it was amazing to see him walk and talk again, now a major milestone for Rochester Police Officer Anthony DiPonzio. On Monday, he goes back to work nearly three years since being shot.”

“I can remember waking up in the hospital and immediately my mind was I want to go back to work, I don't care that I was just shot on duty. I want to go back to work. I love my job that much.”

Wednesday morning on the Bob Lonsberry Show, DiPonzio talked about what it’s taken to get here. On Monday he will return to the Rochester Police Department. It has been his goal since January 31, 200 – the night he shot in the back of the head while on duty.

Doctors didn't even expect him to make it through the night but he has not only beaten the odds, he has shocked and amazed this community, his colleagues even the doctors.

Pdp_pics_006_max30
craigw commented on: "Ben Roethlisberger funded police dog joins force in Fort ...", less than a minute ago.
Pdp_pics_006_max30
craigw gave a thumbs up to The Article "Ben Roethlisberger funded police dog joins force in Fort ...", less than a minute ago.
Walther_ppk_pic_max600_max30
KRG123 commented on: "Brighteyes63", 3 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "3 Word Response", 7 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Happy Easter", 9 minutes ago.