News >> Browse Articles >> Military

Ranger allegedly commits suicide to avoid deployment

Source: king5

August 24, 2011

Brother, Oh brother, how it saddens me to think you were a forgetton or ignored in your time of need. 9 deployments to a war zone? Sir I wish I could be at your Hero Ceremony, it hardens my heart to think someone of your Caliber was pushed into such a rut. Although there are tons of military programs, it rare to see a soldier seek them out- you'll be thought of as crazy, military has such a bad rep for anyone seeking mental help. There is help but it doesn't mean service men and women attend because of fear or reprival.
    IT"S EFFIN SAD!

• 0524001248_0001_0001_max50

PaulGreen

I know what it feels like to be deployed one time (Desert Storm). I think that according to the real report this was only the seventh deployment even though the wife stated ninth. Either way, this Ranger should of had some time to recover. It took several years for me to get back to normal and I consider myself strong minded. I think the Military should limit the amount of times you get deployed. Just my thought. I know the Military has a different way of thinking sometimes.

• Att2307142_max50

Magee88

there should be a limit on how many deployments a service man does.

• 309

Hbryant188

Very sad. The military needs to do more for their servicemen and families.

tremor2

The header on this article here on Policelink is inaccurate. This officer was going to be deployed overseas for the NINTH time....It's just too bad that this man, who was obviously suffering, didn't receive the help he needed before he decided to take his own life. I hope he is at peace, and I pray that his wife & family find peace also. A tragedy all around.

• Andrea_and_i_max50

corylovesandrea

It is sad no matter what. Problem with so many deployments now. I have seen similar cases, more with addictions than suicides thus far.

Kuhleeshu received a gift from SE851, 1 minute ago.
jasons714 received a gift from SE851, 2 minutes ago.
373046_26738651698_2132900450_q_1__max30
SE851 commented on: "Jason Santos", 3 minutes ago.
373046_26738651698_2132900450_q_1__max30
SE851 posted in: "my husband just got violated.", 7 minutes ago.
wrusseldewan gave a thumbs up to The Topic "Chad Dawson's Press For Profit Software Review, It...", 14 minutes ago.