News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Police Commander Arrested On Battery Charge

Associated Press

August 01, 2011

CHARLESTOWN, Ind.— State police say a top commander in a southern Indiana sheriff’s department has been arrested on domestic battery charges after his wife reported being beaten by him.

Troopers arrested Lt. Col. John Shelton of the Clark County Sheriff’s Department at his home in Charlestown early Sunday.

Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden tells the Courier-Journal of Louisville, Ky., (http://bit.ly/qL4ULJ ) that the 57-year-old Shelton is the department’s second-shift commander. The sheriff says Shelton spent the night in jail before being released without bail with orders from a judge to stay away from his wife.

Rodden says he plans to meet with Shelton on Monday to discuss the confrontation and decide what to do next.

Shelton couldn’t be reached for comment because no phone number was listed for him.

bluebrother

8 months ago

Prayers for peace with his family.

• Metroguard_emblem_max50

patchez

10 months ago

Thats all you need is the accusation. Its not whether your guilty or innocent if someone wants to get even with you all they have to do is "MAKE THE ACCUSATION, in itself it can ruin a persons life, career, friendships, family, neighbours and how they view you after they find out and they don't ask "IS IT TRUE" I have first-hand experience with a member of my family that was ACCUSED so a 14 YO can run round with her friends instead of staying home like her parents wanted her to do so she decided to accused her father of sexual molestation, and altho she retracted her accusation it came a little too late, the damage was done !!Everyone looks at you differently wondering did he or didn't he. Even the ones that knew him for years and people he worked with and the company he was with for 17 years just from an "ACCUSATION" I hope that Chief has a real good Attorney and good friends and family who will be there for him...

• Metroguard_emblem_max50

patchez

10 months ago

BUMP Sarge!!

• 385958_113185232128934_765619184_n_max50

haleris

over 1 year ago

The battery capacity in Ah gives an idea of how much cureent (A) it can deliver. The 95Ah one is capable of delivering a constant 5A current for 19 hours (5 * 19 = 95) or 10A for 9.5 hours or any other combination.

click link

• 156509_319804791421232_1886582256_n_max50

Luisaophie

over 1 year ago

A friend of mine was arrested the other day for his second DUI in 11 years, shortly there after he was arrested for domestic violence.
    Bigg Boss 6

DRAGONEYE21

over 1 year ago

This is a terrible situation. I just pray that Justice will be served properly.
    Amos 5:24 Let justice run like water, and rightesnous like a mighty stream.

• Harry_max50

wilkins

over 1 year ago

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HER. I WONDER, IF SHE WAS CONTROLLING, STRESSED OUT,'OR HAVING AN AFFAIR.

• Sfa_iv_max50

revCCBeasley

over 1 year ago

I agree robocop33

• V_curts_clothes_max50

vgirl93

If she's lying, I hope she never sleeps a full night again, she is taking down a man's career out of spite or whatever the reason. If it's true, he knew better. I am eager to see what comes from this.

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

This is a VERY old news and nobody has posted an update. Without the outcome or a serious update, this topic is dead and should remain that way.

• Snapshot_20111212_9_max50

true_leo_mama

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out... Bump to sarge

swatj10

My ex-wife attempted to get me fired from a Security gig I had for Domestic Violence. I was served at my place of employment with a TRO. I obviously obeyed the order However, this hits too close to home. All I can say to Cmdr. Shelton is get a Lawyer and divorce her

• Sheriff_3_max50

sheriff950

Don't sound good...

• 172_max600_max50

Santiago935

Not good at all

• Me_last_wk_max50

delano388

Just a sad situation for everyone