News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Breast feeding Cop force to take leave wo pay

Ericm60_max50

cakdep1

Source: Drudge Report

July 05, 2011

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19382 Comments

Having lived in Europe where men are given maternity leave along with their wifes we still have a long way to go in gender equality. Bump crowfeeder: common sense is not so common........

• 101101_162533_53_max50

bprehoda

Without jumping into the age-old issue of the many ppl out there who feel women shouldn't be POs to begin with....I'm currently going through my first pregnancy as a patrol officer. I have been told that my pregnancy has made me an unreliable employee and that it is inconvenient for my department, despite the fact that I have given them 4 uninterrupted years of service. In going through this, I've talked to another female officer in a different department whose chief forced her to work the streets up until she was 20 weeks pregnant.

I understand the people who think this is special treatment, and obviously there is no male equivalent....but something has to give. An officer who has dedicated their time to their department shouldn't be punished just because she happens to be the half of the couple that carries the child.

• Picture_100_max50

crowfeeder

Where us the common sense in this?

Female_bodysurfer_max30
MarlyB posted in: "What has happened to my Police Link?", 3 minutes ago.
Schultz3_max30
schultzy04 gave a thumbs up to The Post "Community Policing", 9 minutes ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 gave a thumbs up to The Article "20 suspected drug dealers arrested in Fall River", 15 minutes ago.
Xfunny-quotes-quotes-a-day-20_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vn8f7fbnul_max30
Brighteyes63 posted in: "Bands name game", 21 minutes ago.