News >> Browse Articles >> Law Enforcement News

Coffee With TheSarge: Happy 4th Birthday PoliceLink!

Coffee With TheSarge: Happy 4th Birthday PoliceLink!

TheSarge

April 01, 2011

Have a cup of coffee on me. April 1 is a special day.

Congratulations to you, the members and visitors of PoliceLink. This is our 4th year on the internet. We initially launched in April 2007. Our longevity is in large part due to your faithfulness and dedication for PoliceLink. While other social media sites have come and gone, PoliceLink continues to steadily grow and become stronger. Our Law Enforcement professionals lend credibility to the material and resources on our site. Our law enforcement supporters, fans and friends continue to support the law enforcement community. Together, we are the ‘go to’ site to receive information to assist in developing a law enforcement career.

As we move into our 5th year, allow me to suggest some ideas that will make you more comfortable and fluid in PoliceLink.

First, be real. Although we mostly choose usernames that are discreet, feel free to interact with each other with freedom and clarity. Our LEO’s are more than willing to share their lives and careers with your as long as trust can be the bridge. And visa versa, of course. We even have PoliceLink volunteer mentors that will guide those who are genuine and sincere in ‘going for it’.

Second, because of increased experience with social networking websites, I am asking that all LEO’s double check their profiles. Make sure you are in compliance with your agency’s guidelines for internet and social media usage. We welcome LEO’s from anywhere in the U.S. and around the world. Just be careful to use PoliceLink with dignity and respect. Although it is a social networking website, we as LEO’s are still held to a higher standard than your garden variety social website. Keep your personal info, department and location information discreet unless you choose to do so.

Third, take time to go through all those tabs on the homepage. You’ll discover some great training material from credible authors. There is a lot there to offer guidance to assist you in pursuing a LEO career. Some of the articles found on the site have had thousands of pageviews from interested personnel. Check them out. They can be great for in-house training or personal and career development.

On a somber note, we have lost many officers/deputies due to line of duty deaths. Our losses are almost at the same level as military personnel deployed in hot zones overseas. A large number of deaths occur as a result of driving accidents. Our stats show that to be a very clear area of concern. All of you LEO’s, let’s be careful out there. And LEO supporters and community volunteers, if you see an officer or deputy enroute to help someone, safely move to the right. Weapons violation related deaths are high. Be in a constant learning mode so you can have great officer safety skills and street smarts that will move you closer to your retirement.

Lastly, I offer my personal thanks to Kendra kweikman. She has poured her heart into the site since Chris Cosgriff moved forward to develop the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP). Kendra has filled the gap marvelously.

Also, thanks to the volunteer Moderator Team. They tirelessly strive to make PoliceLink a safe haven for all who call this there social network of choice. I appreciate their dedication, passion and esprit de corps.

Happy Birthday PoliceLink !! We are alive and well and pursuing many years of success.

TheSarge is a retired police sergeant and a long time Forums Administrator for PoliceLink.

• Gods_team_max50

IowaNinersFan

20216 Comments

Happy Birthday to PL.

• Me_last_wk_max50

delano388

Happy Birthday to PL, Great Job Kendra and The Sarge

• Dscn0533_max50

BarbMarch58

A very, very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a huge thank you to all of your folks who have made this site simply wonderful. I hope you know how much you are appreciated! [Oh, thanks for the cupcake! It arrived right on schedule, I put 4 candles on it - which was apparently just a little too much "fire power" as I soon had a kitchen balze and then got to meet some of the members of my local Fire & Rescue Squad. But, don't worry, I'll soon be released from the burn unit. Gosh, I love this site...) Ha Ha!!
    Love to you all,
    Barbara Calfee, Willoughby Hills OH

RetCincyDisp

Darn! I'm always the last one to arrive! Happy Birthday Police Link I'm glad I found you!! Any coffee left?

Happy Birthday!

• Th_max50

delta425

Happy Birthday

• Photo_of_me_max50

snipercop1

CONGRATS! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! THIS IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

SEMPER FIDELIS

• Pentagon_from_our_roof_terrace_2_max50

Eleni

Happy 4th Birthday, PoliceLink !!!

While looking for LE LODD-related websites, my Google search showed PL, and I joined 4-23-2007. I have made some wonderful friendships here that, I believe, will last many years.

Thank you, Sarge for all your work here, and BIG thanks to our Moderators, Editor, and Kendra for their diligence and availability. I would also like to personally thank our PL members in other countries who notify me when they have a LODD and provide me with links to support the facts and circumstances.

Here's to the future of PoliceLink. God Bless everyone.

• Imagesca4xarl3gatekeeper911_max50

RAMBO_911

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLICE LINK & GOD BLESS ALL OF US.

hmacy

Happy Birthday Policelink and many more.

Happy B-Day Policelink.

• 74596_129289523905506_927477597_n_max50

CadetAK

Happy Birthday, PL! This has been a GREAT tool for me to learn so much about the field I'm going into and to learn from others that are already there....I've managed to obtain a little support system consisted of genuine people on here that care about my success...many kudos to PL!!

Now, where's the coffee?

• June2010_013_max50

RnG78

Congradulation on 4 years running strong

• 582602_3283682777720_334551836_n_max50

LanaNJ

O..K.., I Will have a double espresso straight, with a thin peel of lemon placed on the saucer. (et 'em,bill it to the Sarge) and I'll leave the Tip: JOIN POLICELINK!
    For me This site has given me a Life Changing experience, because it's an informative Portal, that has taught me so much. I wish this site Longevity and Stamina. Happy Birthday, It's an honor to be amongst you all!

• Telecommunicator_rusch_max50

PGPD911

Happy Birthday PoliceLink, best wishes for many many more!!

Dolphins_fantasy_max30
dolphinblue gave a thumbs up to The Article "Burglary suspect taken into custody following manhunt", 15 minutes ago.
Dolphins_fantasy_max30
dolphinblue gave a thumbs up to The Article "Jersey City 19 year old charged in murder of popular McNa...", 15 minutes ago.
Dolphins_fantasy_max30
dolphinblue commented on: "David Simms", 18 minutes ago.
Img_20140124_113959_max30
inspirations posted in: "3 Word Response", 28 minutes ago.
suumia posted: "dfkvn adif ih ai", 30 minutes ago.