News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Calling BULLS*** on Rolling Stone

davisisadog

1 article submitted

Source: http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

March 30, 2011

davisisadog

Jim Beam, Jamison Irish Whiskey, Garnier Fructis, T Mobil, Samsung, and Shock Top Belgian Wheat by Anheuser-Busch are all listed as advertisers in the comments. All but Shock Top have been verified.

I found this letter which was written in response to the advertisers:
    I am appalled by the recent article in Rolling Stone magazine about our troops in the Stryker Brigade in Afghanistan. This very anti-American piece is full of filled with outright lies, and while I understand you have no control over editorial content, you do have control over your advertising investment. Similarly, I have control over my discretionary spending and the brands of alcohol I purchase.

I have been a loyal to the Jim Beam brand, but will abstain from purchasing your product for myself or my friends, and I will vocally oppose Jim Beam as long as you monetarily support the disgraceful, anti-American magazine Rolling Stone with your advertising dollars.

I eagerly await word that you will invest in advertising with more patriotic publications and I will again enjoy your fine bourbon.

Metroguard_emblem_max30
patchez is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 12 minutes ago.
Metroguard_emblem_max30
patchez is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 12 minutes ago.
Metroguard_emblem_max30
patchez is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 12 minutes ago.
Metroguard_emblem_max30
patchez is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 12 minutes ago.
Metroguard_emblem_max30
patchez is ranked No.1 for the day in PoliceTrivia, 12 minutes ago.