News >> Browse Articles >> Crime News

Police Forced to Pepper Spray Cop-Kicking Bride At Her Wedding

Police Forced to Pepper Spray Cop-Kicking Bride At Her Wedding

Stock Photo

The Daily Mail

March 22, 2011

GILBERT, AZ – It is no surprise for a bride to shed a few tears on her wedding day.

But for Angela Davito it was not overcome by the emotion of the occasion – but the effects of police pepper spray.

The 28-year-old was arrested at her reception after kicking a police officer as she celebrated her wedding in Gilbert, Arizona. She was later charged with assault.

Officers had been called when a fight broke out at the reception and were forced to use pepper spray to control the guests.

Police spokesman Hugh White said officers had to restrain Mrs Davito after she became disorderly at the suburban home where her reception was held.

But the commotion continued, and police officers pepper-sprayed the crowd.

Mr White said people then got angry and aggressive toward the officers and that Davito charged a partygoer.

He said Davito then kicked an officer and was arrested on charges of assault and obstructing governmental operations.

Several attendees were treated for pepper spray exposure by the Gilbert Fire Department.

granny1

thanks barbmarch58.

• Fto_davidson_photo_max50

BlueKnight4023

Does this incident qualify for an annulment?

• Fto_davidson_photo_max50

BlueKnight4023

Retleo, yank MoparMan2011 's hall pass, let him keep his two cents & show em' to the curb!

Officers responding to a call found a large brawl in the backyard of the home and told everyone to stop fighting. What were they supposed to do? Say.. Gee - wizz.. It's private property.. Hope nobody gets killed.. And by the way since MoparMan2011 is so knowledgeable of police tactics.. Maybe the officers could have waited for their supervisors to show up with a taser to calm the situation without any chemical exposure to peoples feeling after the police give a lawful order to stop fighting.

• Fto_davidson_photo_max50

BlueKnight4023

Nice! Very lady like! I think she's a keeper! The next backyard party you have... Invite her! So she can come over & kick it!!!

• French_chopper_seat_max50

mitrocop

Holy cr@p!, Barb - what sort of city do you live in, where the nurses are on standing order to be brutalized by their irate doctors on staff?!? Glad you held your ground, though - if we had more citizens standing up to the dregs of society, we'd be able to get more open cases solved and prosecute our "return customers" more thoroughly with most likely stiffer penalties from the judges.

Back on the article - these types of incidents have actually happened a few times, as I've recalled in other news postings and electronically forwarded AP stories. Kindof makes you wonder why they don't give slip in some Prozac or Valium to the guests during the buffet, just to head things off.. :P

• Dscn0533_max50

BarbMarch58

The 2 cents of MoparMan 2011 are counterfeit. It constantly amazes me what the public perceives as the "jurisdiction" of the local law enforcement agency. JUST IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS, I witnessed the following: (1) I was in a local craft store which is part of a nationwide chain. Out of the blue, a woman entered with a much-too-large coat with LOTS of pockets AND 7 children aged 7-9. Immediately upon entereing the store the kids went WILD! They went immediately to the spray paint aisle, opened cans and began spraying merchandise up and down the aisles. Meanwhile, no one could find "Mom." I approached a frazzled employee in tears and told her not to worry that I was making a call to 911. She freaks out and says, "NO, don't do that! We're not allowed to call the police into the store." I informed her that I was allowed to contact the police and did so. 4 cars were there within 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, I went right to the jewelry aisle where I was sure "Mom" could be found. Sure enough, there she was - loading her pockets with crystals, precious beads, all sorts of small, very valuable items. When the police arrived, I butt right in (as the employees locked themselves in an office) and explainted what I witnessed (including the nice streak of red spray paint that landed on my coat) and told them where Mom could be found. Appropriate arrests were made - all the kids were taken to Juvenile Hall. Then i lured the employees out of their office and calmly epxlained that the community Police were THEIR POLICE and that they most certainly should be called when all h*** breaks out in the store. They told me that the "area manager" gave them them the "no call" rule. They gave me his name and I was on the phone to him the next AM at 8:00 am. I asked if, indeed, he'd issued such a rule. He agreed. I set him straight - VERY POLITELY - and gave him the phone number of that city's Community Relations Officer who wanted to speak to him. In the end, the policy was IMMEDIATELY changed, the area manager personally sent me a Thank You card, and every time I visit that store, I continue to be thanked.

More disturbing is the second event I witnessed. I was visiting a friend in the local hospital. In order to get to his room, I had to pass by the entrance to the OR. Like just about everybody, I peeked in the small window and actually saw a surgeon punch a nurse right in the jaw. He stomped away and she looked right at the window and saw me. I motioned her out. She was in tears. I already had my phone out to call 911 and she told me that her supervisors told her (1) "you have to put up with the tempers of the doctors;" and (2) THE LOCAL POLICE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO POWER IN THE HOSPITAL. I continued on with the call. 2 heavily armed officers were there within less than one minute, went directly to the OR entrance, saw the victim who, by now was bleeding, and had the surgeon paged overhead. They "hid" behind the doorway opening, he strutted down the hallway, opened the door and was immediately taken into custody.

COME ON PEOPLE, LEOs DO HAVE JURSIDICTION IN CRAFT STORES, HOSPITALS AND YOUR BACK YARD!!

• Untitled_max50

JT_Harrington

Thank you Retleo, it's about time people who have nothing better to do than trash the men and women who bravely serve are escorted from a site for the LE Community. I applaud you and all of the staff at Police Link for standing up for us.Once again, thank you so very much and God Bless.

White trash. I'd like to see that wedding video though!

• Pug_max600_max50

DALLASCRANE

19386 Comments

UPDATE: The pregnant bride in her wedding dress (wearing cowboy boots) kicked the officer in the groin. Several unwanted guests showed at the reception. The inebriated groom allegedly went ballistic when the unwanted guests started dirty dancing with the bride.

• Yo_max50

badge155

Zavery and Mopargirl definately can't be cops...Private property...really???? If that was the case, we would never be responding to domestics which occurr 99% of the time on private property...wow, this isn't the website for you guys. Peace!

• 729019754110_0_bg_1__max50

BeatPartner

Who are these individuals who think that the police should not have been at the party? Do they not know what LEO's do,,,these guys must not be peace officers!

• Image_max50

LanaNJ

oh Crap....... here it comes ........another damn sequel to Meet the Parents........

Retleo, you never disappoint with your wisdom

• French_avatar_max50

fletc

Thanks RetLeo.
    +1 What a delya alpha........

• Impd_max50

Nick_Durr

Thanks RetLeo.

Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Role play", 27 minutes ago.
New_avatar_4_max30
HijoDeDiosMRM gave a thumbs up to The Post "Poll: New Car", 30 minutes ago.
New_avatar_4_max30
HijoDeDiosMRM posted in: "New Car", 30 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "Hi", 32 minutes ago.
Star_max160_max160_max30
klamm143 posted in: "I love this weight loss supplement", 34 minutes ago.