News >> Browse Articles >> Off Beat

Police Find 'Field of Money' On Ohio Interstate

Police Find 'Field of Money' On Ohio Interstate

The Daily Mail

March 09, 2011

OHIO – The police officers couldn’t believe their eyes – thousands and thousands of dollars blowing in the breeze in the middle of a busy highway.

There was so much cash, one deputy told Ohio police Chief Russ Martin that it looked like ‘the field was growing money’.

Now the authorities are trying to figure out how the bills – over $10,000 – were left north of Columbus on the median of U.S. Route 23 on Monday.

Officers spent hours collecting them after a surprised motorist had raised the alarm when he saw the money floating past his window.

Martin, of Delaware police, won’t reveal the exact total, but he said: ’We’d like to leave that a secret now, but I can tell you it was five figures.’

Police have checked with the FBI, an armoured car company and bank couriers, but no one has reported any missing money.

Police did not release any more details about where the money was found because they are hoping the owner will provide vital details to prove it is his fortune.

Martin is fairly confident officers have recovered all the money, so he says drivers shouldn’t stop in the hope of finding anymore cash floating about.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364267/Field-money-Police-thousands-dollars-lying-Ohio-highway.html#ixzz1G3qBBln7

• 041105-o-9999g-012_max50

Rscheiterle

That would have improved a lot of rush hour moods.

• Joefriday_max50

alexy

With all the stories of "integrity checks" of officers I would have to immediately switch to hmmm mode if I got a call like that.

• Sparkle_girl_max50

Katz

Wow..bet that was something to see!! =) Could have took a great vacation on that! lol

• Justice-400_max50

clobster

This sounded way cooler until they said it was 10 grand.

Still, it would have been fun to frolick in that field before collecting it all as evidence lol

• Untitledma28839986-0002_max50

Irishcop1961

LMAO ilegworldchamp

• Rob___i_max600_max50

AcademyCadet

An Whos The Idiot That Says "Money Doesnt Grow On Trees (Or In This Case Fields)"

• Me2_max50

bstites

Haha! How do you not know you lost that much money!? If he doesn't want it, I'll take it..........

LIANERENE

How odd! Darn it, I wish I was a surprised motorist too! LOL!

• Steve_mcqueen_max50

ilegworldchamp

I just ain't got no luck . I sent for the Obama "Spend until you drop money tree" and all they sent me was a "Credit Card Tree" with a promise that I could spend all I wanted . Only problem is that no place of business will accept his credit cards because they are as worthless as he is "only promises , no results"!

• 063_max50

jims4

I often wonder why I can't be a surprised motorist...

BForJuvCor

Man i want to know what they are using for crop dusting there if they are growing money? And can i get some sent my way. Surprised that there wasn't an influx of vehicle accidents as money can bring the crazy out in people.

• Nado_max50

bluelinefarms

We were able to hold it for 90 days waiting for and owner to come find it, but no one ever came, if i remember right we were able to keep 80% and then the state go the other 20%, it def helped especially during a time when so many places are having financial issues.

• Sssssss_max50

Chapman38

a surprised motorist raised an alarm.

screw the alarm hello down payment on a new truck lol

• 1979_max50

Robocop33

Oh my! The box with my life's savings in it must have fallen out of my car when I was driving through! Please forward the money to me. Also blueline, I seem to be missing one of my boxes with cash in it as well so that too must be mine. Can I pick it up?

Seriously, it is either drug money and will not ever be claimed or it may be from an armoured car Co who will just eat the loss rather than the embarrassment of admitting they dropped that much money. Either way, the PD should get the money after awhile and use it for new equipment to help the Officers.

• Joefriday_max50

alexy

That was my weekend money blueline, send me the address where I can go pick it up and thanks....